What Now? | Ch 16

After that night, things were different.

The Dekusquad? Broken Apart.

Izuku? He wasn't as talkative.

And in general, 1-A was just a more quiet environment.

This all went on for the next 2 weeks. In that time period, Izuku was always bothered with questions concerning him and Kendo, everyone weren't in the usual mood, and heck, even Bakugou was quiet. Everyone thought Izuku would get together with Ochako, not the class representative of 1-B, who Izuku barely talked to before Halloween. 

But what really bothered them, was that Izuku stopped talking to most people in 1-A. The person he talked to the most was Tokoyami, who seemed to have the most trust out of everyone in
1-A. The other ones he talked to was Denki, Jiro, Kirishima, Aoyama and Todoroki, as well as Mina on occasion. Other than those 6 though, he spoke little, only saying good morning or good bye if he does. He always seemed to avoid hanging out with 1-A. Whenever they were in the common area, he'd just go without a word. And if they tried speaking to him? He'd go on with his business like they weren't there.

But by far the most shocking thing to happen was what Izuku called Bakugou now. And it happened the first day Izuku 'spoke' with Bakugou after the incident. Instead of calling him Kacchan like usual, he called him Bakugou. Just Bakugou. And the way he said it too. He said it with such a coldness in his voice, you wouldn't have known it was him if you didn't see him say it. For a solid minute, no one said a thing, as Izuku had never sounded so cold before. And in that period of time, he walked off.

And that's how everything was for that two week span. That was until one day, when two people didn't show up to class:

Izuku and Tokoyami.

"Aizawa-sensei!" Iida called out, raising his hand.

"What is it Iida?"

"Where are Midoriya and Tokoyami? Both would've been here at least 10 minutes ago!"

"I would also like to know."

"Oui oui!"

"Yea where's our bro Midoriya?"

A/N: Author Challenge! (CLOSED) Who says which line? Good luck!

Aizawa simply sighs, and suddenly looks more tired than usual.

"Midoriya has transferred out of 1-A along with Tokoyami."

A few audible gasps were heard around the class, as they never really expected this to happen, let alone think that was possible.

"Which means as of today, Class 1-A of the Hero Course only has 18 students, and 1-B has 22."

And hearing this, everyone was even more shocked. It wasn't another one of Aizawa's ruses. This was for real. 

"But that doesn't mean you can slack off even more than what you have been doing since that night. So from now on you should work even harder than before. If you keep yourselves in the past there's no way you will be able to continue on and become heroes. Is that clear?"

Everyone looked at Aizawa for second with either sadness, confusion, or no expression at all. Suddenly though, they all had a feeling that he was right. They couldn't let the departure of their former classmates affect their progress. They had to keep moving. It may seem selfish, but as future heroes, there is the chance they will lose someone along the way. 

"Hai, Sensei!" They all shouted out.

So with a new found determination, 1-A began a new chapter. A chapter without Izuku and Tokoyami.