~ 2 ~

The feeling of a warm embrace forced Classic's sockets to allow focus. A pained expression stood before him, tentacles wrapped gently around him. Arms held him close, hot breath tickling his neck. The chains rattled lightly as hands gripped the metal. Slowly it bent before the links snapped free, the cuffs falling to the ground below. A glowing arrow sat embedded in Nightmare's shoulder as Classic tried to reach for it. The movement drew Nightmare's gaze as he eased Classic, a small smile resting on his expression. He reached for the arrow before pulling it free, the object vanishing before it hit the ground.

"Are you okay Nightmare? Why take the arrow for me?" Nightmare's gentle gaze soothed Classic as the taller of the two tightened their hold on the other. His words were soft, warmth flooding throughout Classic.

"I can take a hit Classic. If you took the arrow, it would be your own demise. I won't watch you die, especially by my brother's hands." 

"N-Nightmare?" Dream's voice drew a terrifying glance from Nightmare. Anger radiated from him as he released his hold on Classic. Turning, most felt as if the air had grown cold. Dream trembled slightly as Nightmare's voice rang out, echoing into the vast open space.

"Do Not Say My Name. You tried to kill Classic!" 

"H-He lied about you loving him Nightmare! You can't love me, so how can you love him?" Nightmare felt himself hold his breath as Ink seemed to understand the situation. Slowly he closed the gap between him and Dream, Ink carefully pulling the golden skeleton into a tight embrace. 

"Take him and leave Ink! Classic stays here, understood?" There was slight hesitation before he nodded. Something about his demeanor left Classic worried. 

Classic had moved closer toward Nightmare, his gaze softening. Nightmare met his gaze as he reached out, carefully pulling Classic into a hug. The warmth left a sense of joy between the two. Ink watched, guilt crossing his expression. He moved his hand briefly, catching Classic's gaze. The sound of a liquid sloshing underneath them drew his gaze as a black pool grew below. Classic was the first to take action, his hands shoving Nightmare from the substance. The action drew concerned looks as Blue tried to reach for Classic. 

"Ink! Stop it!" Regret crossed his features as he released his grip on Dream, fear etched into his sockets. 

Ink tried to speak only to fall silent as the black goop shot upward. It wrapped around Classic's limbs, tightening as it dragged him lower into the seemingly endless depths. His screams grew the further he was pulled under, cracking filling the open space. It invaded his mouth, suffocating him as his screams even fell silent. His fingers stretched outward as his body slipped under the pool. He could feel something grab hold, but the pull was too strong. Everything went dark as he fell deeper, unsure where he was. He could feel a familiar warmth, but couldn't wrap his head around it as the pain grew to a horrid amount. His body shook violently, pulling to free himself. His mouth opened to find nothing leaving him. No voice. His mind was clouded as his skull felt like it was shattering into multiple pieces. Tears trailed his face, but it was hard to tell with the current liquid pressing against him. The cracking was the only sound, whether real or within his own mind. An endless darkness wrapped around him, blinding him as the pain took over his whole body. Eventually his movements stilled, eyes growing heavy. The pain was growing even more, but all energy had been lost. The darkness embraced him as he welcomed it with open arms.

Dream stared at the vast amount of goop as it began to vanish before them. No one knew what to say in that moment. Nightmare had been the target, yet Classic had been dragged in as well. Tears trailed Dream's face as he fell to his knees, anger pressed to Blue's face. Hands pulled at Ink's scarf as Blue glared holes.

"Why didn't you stop it? Classic wasn't supposed to be involved..."

"Why does it matter Blue? We got Nightmare, so all's fair!" The sound of bone hitting bone filled the silence as Blue gripped his clenched hand. Fragments of bone fell to the ground as Ink rubbed his face. He gave a hurt expression before it faltered at Blue's growing rage.

"You're a monster Ink! If Classic dies, you've doomed us all!" Ink sighed before he shook his head slowly.

"You don't get it, do you? Classic doesn't affect us! He dies and nothing happens, so quit pouting. I did what had to be done... If he remained among us, balance would have shifted!" Blue scowled before stepping away from Ink. He took a look toward Dream before disbelief pressed to his features.

"You both make me sick. One is a soulless jerk, the other a bipolar weakling. I don't want anything to do with you both..." Before he could finish his words hands shoved against him. Empty eyes viewed him as he sat on the ground, a wicked smile apparent on Ink's features.

"Guess this is goodbye Blue. Don't come back. EVER!" Silence enveloped the surrounding area as Ink left with Dream, Blue remaining alone outside Nightmare's castle. Tears gathered in his sockets as he pressed his head into his legs. He had been such a fool. 

'I am so sorry Classic...' His voice was broken as he sobbed quietly, unaware of the onlooking eyes. The stranger scowled to no one in particular, sorrow dripping from the air. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the shorter chapter! Next chapter begins the adventure for Classic and Nightmare among the SCP foundation. Excited to continue this story and please leave me your thoughts! <3