~ 3 ~

This chapter will contain some violence and gore based scenes. If you do not like to hear visually disturbing scenes, please do not read this chapter! Anyone else, enjoy! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A lingering warmth pressed lightly against Classic as he slowly opened his eyes. Rays of sunshine ripped past the thick clouds above, a singular ray casting a glow on his body. He felt a heavier weight as his eyes focused on the body above him. Nightmare lay peacefully, his breathing soft. His expression was relaxed, a sight unfamiliar to Classic. Gently he brushed his finger tips across Nightmare's cheek bone, the sensation stirring the other skeleton. Slowly light came back to Nightmare's singular eye, his gaze shifting among the tree line around them before focusing on Classic. A soft smile spread Classic's features as he watched the other skeleton climb from the pile.

There was an overwhelming silence the longer the two remained seated on the grassy terrain. The feeling of the cold breeze shifted through  the warmth the sun offered granted a type of serenity. Birds chirped overhead, a melody filling the absence of sound. Classic listened intently, a gentle chuckle escaping him as he watched the clouds roll slowly onward. Nightmare had been tense for a time, the sounds of Classic's joy soothing to his own mind. He smiled sweetly as he watched intently for Classic's next reaction.

"Where do you think we are?" The words were intertwined with curiosity as Classic rose from the terrain. His slippers were laced with dirt, sweatshirt partially torn. His eyes almost seemed to shimmer from his happiness.

"I would assume the surface, though it feels different from the surface of our worlds."

"What do you mean? How can a surface be different from the overworld of Undertale?" Nightmare shrugged lightly. Even he wasn't entirely sure what Ink had done. The only truth he knew was that Ink attempted to get rid of him as a whole. Whether Classic's involvement was intentional, Nightmare couldn't pinpoint it.

"Either way, it would be safest to move until we find out more about this place. I don't think we're even in the same universal level." Classic nodded briefly as Nightmare turned toward the forest. He slipped into the shadows among the trees, Classic following close behind. He linked his fingers between Nightmare's, basking in the safety the taller skeleton offered.

A high canopy of leaves hovered above them, shading them from the light. Thick fog rolled over the ground, engulfing the roots that stuck from the damp soil. Classic had been careful where he stepped, a chill trailing his spine. Something about the forest left him on edge. Nightmare seemed to notice Classic's unrest. He gave a reassuring squeeze before continuing onward, tugging lightly for Classic to follow.

The further into the woodlands they stepped, the harder it became to see. Soon the fog rose above them, dyeing the endless trees in a white glow. The air had grown colder, leaving Classic's body trembling slightly. He had been sure to remain near Nightmare, but one wrong footing left him behind. Nightmare had attempted to turn back only to realize any wrong decision could cost him greatly. He sucked in a breath as he listened intently for Classic's movements. Not too long after he heard quiet footsteps. Relief washed over him before it vanished in mere seconds. One pair of footsteps broke into multiple, leaving an endless echo as twigs snapped beneath approaching feet.

Slowly he crouched low to the forest floor as the crunching of dried leaves sounded beside him. Without hesitation he lashed out, his tentacle piercing an object. Screams echoed out as blood dyed the terrain, loud clicks catching Nightmare's attention. He focused on the silhouettes before rushing the figures. One by one they met their end, Nightmare leaving a trail behind him. Iron snuffed out the gentle scent as the green plant life was painted red.

Classic had found his way to the brush, hidden among the thick trees and bushes. He listened as footsteps moved past him, red lasers just passing overhead. His breath remained stuck in his throat as he felt sweat trail his skull. The constant screaming and dreadful smell was the only sign Nightmare was at work. Classic felt himself relax momentarily as he leaned against a tree, tears gathering in his eyes as the sound of gunfire rang out. The sound startled him at first, his body jerking as panic washed over him. Exhaling a trembling breath, he slipped his head into this lap as he clenched his eyes closed.

Nightmare moved cautiously along the pathway carved by man. He had been tailing some of his attackers, his fingers fidgeting with the weapon before him. Unsure what it was, he tossed it away before his fingers reached out. Without warning his hand grabbed hold of the clothing, his tentacle ripping through the man. The man tried to scream out only to fall silent as Nightmare tore the helmet clear off the man's face. He dug his finger tips into skin as he ripped into the man's throat. Gurgling filled the area as Nightmare let the body fall. A gunshot echoed behind him as something collided with Nightmare's shoulder. He let out a cat like hiss before he shot his tentacles toward his new attacker. The man's body was torn open as organs fell to the forest floor. The sound was satisfying to Nightmare as he allowed his body to fall into a goopy pile. Slowly he moved along the terrain in search for Classic.

He had lost track of where he was without warning. One moment he was surrounded by bodies, the next there was merely nothing. Cursing silently he stilled his movements before focusing for any sign of Classic. He could hear the sounds of guns being loaded, footsteps, and multiple men shouting. Nightmare found himself focusing on the voices, his eyes darkening as the words became clear. Rage overwhelmed him as he shot off in the direction, blood lust coating the air. 

Classic had found himself in a problem as barrels were directed his way. He trembled as his hands remained above him, tears falling from his sockets. Fear was his main emotion. One or two attackers was simple, but a dozen or so was too many. He watched as a smaller male approached cautiously. Their eyes were seemingly gentle, but the air around them was chilling. He opened his mouth to speak only to silence himself as shifting leaves drew all eyes. Guns were raised high as the sounds grew closer. 

Everything had happen in moments. Classic was on the ground as Nightmare formed himself before Classic, the tentacles piercing multiple bodies. More screaming rang out as limbs were torn free and hearts were completely crushed on impact. Red flooded the land as Nightmare remained by Classic in a protective manner. The smaller male had cleared the danger before he pulled an object from his pocket. Classic caught a glimpse before opening his mouth to speak. His words fell short as something collided with Nightmare's chest, the needle slipping past the bone structure and hitting his soul. He reached for the needle before his vision swayed. Without warning his strength gave out, legs buckling as he tumbled over. Classic had noticed in time, his arms reaching outward and pulling Nightmare toward him. He glanced at the man with the new type of weapon, a crooked smile on their expression. 

"Must I shoot you as well?" There was a long pause before Classic shook his head, the man breathing a long sigh. He placed the gun among his pockets before stepping closer. Classic watched him carefully before a grin spread over Classic's expression. Without warning an object unfamiliar to the man formed behind Classic, a beam shooting from the mouth. The light hit him dead on, burning a hole through his stomach. His intestines fell from him as he fell forward, eyes narrowed as his lifeless gaze remained latched onto Classic. The sight was unsettling for Classic. Kicking the man's head away, he listened as a loud crack filled the empty forest. 

Classic had lost count of how long he remained in that spot. Each time a new figure appeared, Classic took the chance to attack. Bodies piled up until too many figures appeared at once. Nightmare was still unconscious, Classic doing his best to protect him. After a long struggle he felt something hit his soul as well, his sockets growing darker as he tried to hold onto Nightmare tighter than before. Sorrow washed over Classic as everything became a single color. An empty abyss engulfed his mind as his body toppled over. He heard one last thing before everything was swallowed in an endless void.

"Round them up and take extra measures. Time to depart men, back to base with our new catch!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you are enjoying thus far! Leave me your thoughts and please don't be afraid to leave suggestions as well! <3