~ 9 ~

Back in his cell, Classic found himself lacking the capability to sleep. While it was true he was tired, his mind was focused on numerous other matters. He wondered about his brother. Wondered whether another genocide was taking place. With him not living in Undertale, it left a position open, a gap within the coding itself. He had a role and had no chance to full fill it. Not that he truly was sad about such outcomes. He hated watching the ones he grew to love die before him endlessly. It was part of the reason he felt so empty inside. If not for Nightmare, he wasn't sure he would remain sane. Another worry on his mind was how exactly he could escape. While the people inside were not entirely bad, he had a home to return to. Not just that, the SCP he had met felt so friendly. They too desired to be free. It left a sense of duty for him, a need to aid them. 

Leaning against the cold wall, Classic found himself wandering around in his own mind. He could hear the door open, but refused to make eye-contact. Slowly a hand shook Classic, stirring him slightly. His gaze fell onto a familiar face as he felt a warming smile grow over his expression. Nightmare hovered over him, worry apparent on his face from the way he inched closer. His eyes looked Classic over entirely, a sigh of relief leaving him.

"Nightmare? What are you doing in here?" Nightmare chuckled softly before taking a seat beside him, Classic leaning into him.

"I remembered you met the SCP today, so I demanded to check on you. Are you okay? Any injuries?" Classic shook his head before taking in a deep breath, his body relaxing. He felt so at peace around Nightmare.

"Do you think it's possible to return home?" The question forced Nightmare to tense up as he shrugged slightly, his head turned away. "So Ink truly wished to get rid of you then..."

"Classic, this is my life. It was bound to happen eventually, you know that! I'm sorry you got dragged into it... I wish you hadn't." Classic shifted slightly, his body crawling over Nightmare's lap before he leaned into Nightmare's chest. Tears gathered in his sockets, but he fought them as he forced words to leave him.

"I don't regret a thing! No matter what happened, I would follow you anywhere. Love does that Nightmare. You are one of the remaining good aspects in my life, do you understand? I can't live without you!" There was a lingering silence as Nightmare wrapped his arms around Classic, the feeling of slight trembling drawing Classic's attention. He gently rubbed circles along Nightmare's skull as the two feel over, still entangled together. Classic hadn't minded in the slightest, his voice kicking up as he slowly hummed. The melody was familiar to Nightmare as he welcomed sleep, his body stilling. Eventually Classic stopped humming, his voice low as he spoke to Nightmare before welcoming sleep himself. "I love you Nightmare. No matter what other's think of you, you are my existence. Without you, there is no light. No hope. You are what I live for."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Much apologies for the shorter chapter! I wanted to give a cute scene before I started the real plot back up! Starting next chapter, the real action begins. Looking forward to writing it and hoping you all are excited to read it! <3