~ 8 ~

"So, mind telling me what you two spoke so secretively about?" Classic met the doctor's gaze before shaking his head, a cheeky grin plastered over his expression. The doctor chuckled as he dismissed it, both sets of feet creating an endless noise as they moved onward. Classic felt giddy meeting the final SCP on the list. SCP-096 was an absolute mystery to even the foundation. His face was unknown and most other traits were withheld to Classic. Even so, something about the SCP felt familiar. The page had spoke of an emotional state, but never much about it. 

"SCP-096, what do you know about him? The pages withheld a bit, so I'm curious." The doctor gave a partial smile before they turned the hall once more. Guards roamed about, eyes falling onto Classic. He dropped his head to avoid it as the doctor spoke up.

"You should know some information is required to be hidden. Even your data is marked as such. I wish there was more I could say, but it is not under regulation." Classic nodded as he glanced toward the sealed room before him. A sign hovered outside marking the destination. For once Classic found himself nervous. "I get why you want to know, but believe me when I say we won't let you get hurt. If you feel threatened, yell out and we'll pull you out." 

"You promise?" Doctor Kendall ran a hand over Classic's skull before smiling. The sight brought a bit of relief until he allowed the door to open. He spun around just as the guards had, avoiding any risk of forcing SCP-096 into rage. There was a lingering silence before Classic wandered in, the doors closing loudly behind him. Once inside, he realized just how dark it was. Besides the little light that hardly illuminated the space, there was absolutely nothing. No furniture. No bed. Nothing beside the barren walls and cold floor. He allowed his eyes to wander the space before he could hear shuffling around him. The darkness made it almost impossible to see. Key word, almost. To his surprise he found himself staring at the back of a tall creature. It's characteristics were hard to distinguish. The outline of the body was the only thing offering a clue to the state of the frame. SCP-096 was thin, almost disfigured. While it was disturbing, Classic felt he couldn't speak much on it. Being a skeleton made him far skinnier than the creature before him.

There was a long silence before he could hear the sound of crying, unease washing over him. He slowly stepped closer to the noise, his hand reaching out for just about anything. The figure had once more vanished in the darkness. Sucking in a breath, Classic took one more step before faltering slightly. He felt his hand press lightly to something solid. He felt a bit at ease until the surface moved. His soul felt heavy as his sockets fell dark. Movement sounded before him, the cries slowly turning into screams. Classic felt his whole body lock up as his knees buckled. He fell to the floor as the sounds grew louder, his hands clawing at the ground as he slid further away from the creature. Tears were gathering in his eyes as he made the distance of the room and found himself pressed to the opposite wall. His breathing was rough as panic consumed him, his mind feeling empty. Every inch of him shook as he waited to feel something attack him, but his senses were in disarray. He felt darkness inch over his vision as he curled further into his knees, unaware of the presence closing in. Muffled sounds could be heard, but nothing worked correctly. The sounds only continued to close in before everything fell silent. For once Classic had wished he had refused his curiosity. 

The moment a hand pressed gently to his shoulder Classic felt his soul drop. It felt as if it would shatter from the fear that engulfed him. His crying was only growing louder before he felt another hand carefully move around Classic's small frame. He held completely still, his voice stopping abruptly. There was gentle breathing before him as Classic felt the hands pull against him. Slowly he found himself being pulled from his spot, arms placing him against a sturdy frame. Arms wrapped around Classic as he felt a warmth bubble to the surface as a head lightly touched the top of his skull. Incoherent noises were heard as Classic took a moment to try to calm himself down. He could feel the hold on him was nothing more than comforting, Classic releasing a shaky breath. He wanted to move, but felt a need to lean into the comfort. His soul still felt heavy, but he was thankful his panic had settled.

He wasn't sure how long he had remained seated. One moment he was in the grasp of SCP-096, the next he was sitting alone listening to the soft crying further away. He found that SCP-096 was emotionally imbalanced. It wasn't long after SCP-096 left him alone that the doors opened, Classic rising from the floor. He was thankful to have calmed himself, thanks to his new companion. Something about the SCP's actions allowed him to feel there was a connection of sorts. Slipping from the room, he could hear the small groaning and whines before the doors shut once more. To his surprise, the noise was nonexistence beyond the door. There was a growing anger at the thought as Doctor Kendall glanced at him.

"So, how was it?" Classic felt an urge to hit the doctor but suppressed it as he controlled his tone.

"Were you going to tell me that the room was soundproof? No matter if I screamed for help, no one would have heard me!" Doctor Kendal frowned slightly as he gave an apologetic look.

"I get why you are upset. It was dangerous, I know that. If there wasn't a chance that SCP-096 would like you, I never would have allowed you to step foot inside. I apologize!" There was a drawn out silence before Classic sighed. He found it hard to hate the Doctor.

"Fine. Next time be honest, okay?" The Doctor nodded as Classic continued speaking. "Also, SCP-096 was terrifying at first. Ended up running into him and he freaked out. Luckily, seems my distress calmed him long enough to help me! He reminds me a bit of someone close..." 

"Someone close? Like family?" Classic gave a quick glance at the Doctor before remaining silent. He wasn't entirely trusting of the Doctor unlike the SCP. Most of the SCP were in the same situation as him, thus knew his pain. The Doctor worked as his captor. Until he could find trust, his secrets were null to the Doctor's conscious. 

"Can we head back to my cell? I kind of want to sleep... Been a pretty eventful day!" The Doctor nodded as he slowly headed down the hall. Classic found his emotions in turmoil. Earlier he had trusted the doctor in a sense, but after meeting the SCP, he found himself drawn towards one side. The SCP sought freedom, at least the ones he had met. Even if he had just met them, he felt a duty to them, a need to grant them the wish. Maybe he could aid them in the chance he would return to Undertale. He had to admit, he missed his brother more than anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you've enjoyed the chapter! The story picks up more from here, so be prepared. A lot of violence and such is granted to show in future chapters!