~ 4 ~

Classic shifted where he lay as his gaze focused on the surroundings before him. The room was small with metal walls, a singular camera in the far corner near the door. A mattress rested on a metal table held to the wall by chains. Beside the mattress, furniture was absent in the less than homey area. Classic glanced at himself before realizing his attire had changed. Instead of his normal jacket, he found himself in a off white sweater and long pants. Slippers rested near him, the familiar pink drawing a small smile over his expression.

He had been calm for a moment before the sound of a noise filled the silence. The intercom squealed as Classic fell forward, his sockets falling dark as the noise drew irritation in his mind. After a short while it stopped, a male's voice speaking up.

"Rise and Shine. Took you long enough to awaken, unlike the other one." The words drew a curious gaze as Classic tilted his head slightly. He wanted to speak, but felt a deep unease toward the stranger. "Look, I mean no harm if you merely behave. I am Dr. Kendall, head of the research team or scientist division, whichever you prefer. There are test I need to do to determine your threat and other capabilities..." 

"No Tests... Please..." There was a long pause over the intercom as Classic remained still on the mattress. 

"Are you not fond of testing?" Silence followed the questions before the male piped up once more, his tone more assertive. "You must tell me something or testing will be required. I will trade out the testing for an interview, if that suits you better."

"How much do I need to tell of myself?" A long pause followed before the intercom squeaked momentarily.

"Since this is merely the first interview, partial honesty is required. Later interviews may require more information, but I will take what you are willing to give at this time. One more thing before I enter..." Classic nodded slowly as the man continued speaking. "The collar on your neck is a shock collar. I ask you to comply and not attack me or it will trigger. The effects are unknown to your kind, so I would prefer to avoid unnecessary damage to you."

"I'm not normally aggressive." A drawn out sigh echoed in the room as the man chuckled lightly. His tone had shifted to a more friendly one, helping to calm Classic's growing worries.

"The guards would disagree greatly. You took out an entire squad, if not more. Truly fascinating! Let me join you for discussion." The sound of the intercom shutting off drew a cautious look before Classic watched as the door opened. It was only open long enough for the male to enter, his smile genuine. His eyes watched Classic with curiosity and joy. "So, what might I call you?"

"Just call me Classic." The scientist glanced at his clipboard before scribbling something down. Shortly after, he returned his attention toward Classic. The sight left him uncomfortable as he shifted on the mattress. "Why aren't you mad so many people died in those woods?"

"Hm? Oh, it was normal for us. Many SCP we gather have done something similar to you two. To be honest, I owe you for getting me this job. The little man you blasted a hole into was the old head researcher. Once he died, the position automatically was handed to me!" Classic nodded slowly as he tried to grasp everything. He still wasn't entirely sure where he was.

"Have you seen Nightmare?" The words drew a small grin from the man as he laughed softly.

"You mean the creature you were with? He was placed further down, still locked up and alone because of his recent outburst!" 

"Outburst?" The man nodded as he leaned against the wall, his teeth chewing on the end of the pen.

"Your little... Well, big friend did some serious damage. Who knew shock collars did nothing entirely. Was quite surprising to say the least. If I am honest, I expected you to be more like him."

"How so?" There was a slight pause before the man shrugged. He stared at the ceiling as he spoke, his guard entirely down. It was a good chance to strike him, but Classic felt himself drawn to the scientist. His friendly nature and curiosity reminded him of Papyrus. Though the man lacked the loud vocal chords to be a match.

"He tried to break out, to see you no less. Killed three guards before he was sedated again. We kind of expected you to attack without hesitation. Be super aggressive for no reason." There was a short chuckle as Classic shook his head. The smile playing over the skeleton's features drew a gentle gaze. "I know it's rough being in a new space, but it isn't so bad. We updated a ton of stuff around here. You see, there are thousands of creatures in this facility. Some get along well with others. Of course, some despise others. In short, we decided to create a type of common room for the more behaved. Being alone isn't always fun and the common room helped lower our escape rates. Maybe in a day or two we can let you meet some of the better SCP's and see who you might be able to get close to. So long as your friend behaves, he will receive the same option."

"I'll be able to see Nightmare?!" The scientist nodded as Classic smiled.

"You're nothing like the other one Classic... Your not bad to talk to either." 

"You could say I'm chill to the Bone!" The man stifled laughter as he fixed his glasses. He glanced at the clipboard once more before sighing slightly.

"While I did enjoy this little chat, seems my time is up. I have so many subjects to check up on. I'll be back later to bring food for you. Got any favorites?" Classic nodded as he laid on the mattress.

"Ketchup. I'm a skeleton, so food isn't really needed. Just ketchup would be fine." The man gave a confused face before he turned to leave.

"Then one ketchup bottle coming up for dinner! See you then." There was a long pause as Classic watched the man leave. He felt unsure how to feel. This was all new and nothing was familiar, yet the one man was so friendly toward him. It made him wonder what the SCP were like. Mixed in his own thoughts he felt himself drift off to sleep, a small smile remaining pressed to his face as he welcomed the vast abyss of his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I wanted one of the workers in the foundation to be friendly to Classic, so now he has a buddy in the facility. Any who, next chapter he should meet the SCP's. <3