~ 6 ~

The encounter felt short as the main doors opened slowly. Classic had taken glances back toward the Wendigo, a soft smile pressed to his features. The doctor noticed before escorting Classic outside the room, the doors sealing once more. There were numerous eyes watching Classic, partially impressed and yet still terrified of the new creature. The doctor noticed the guards constant looks before he brushed them away, none of them fighting it. Classic chuckled as they scurried off, leaving the two alone in the halls.

"I'm guessing procedures require a guard, do they not?" The doctor shrugged before holding out three papers. Classic gave a confused look before glancing at two papers with images. The last one was without a picture, numerous amounts of information missing from each. "These the other's I get to meet?"

"Indeed. Two of them are far safer to choose than the last one." Classic nodded before glancing at the page lacking a visual.

"How come this one doesn't have a picture?" The doctor stopped walking before meeting Classic's gaze. There was a drawn out silence before something in the doctor's eyes seemed to shift. His usual gentle demeanor almost turned into one of fear.

"Let's say that any images of that SCP are unavailable. No one who has looked at that SCP has lived long enough to even share the information. SCP-096 is labeled 'Shy Guy' for a reason. It covers it's face and lets out a cry and to all who look upon him, let's just say it get's pretty bloody. I hesitated allowing you to visit, but something told me that if anyone had a chance to befriend that creature, it was you. You're unique and seem kind at heart." Laughter filled the halls as Classic handed back the pages.

"Thanks Doc. Not sure I am willing to meet SCP-096 yet, so can I meet the Plague Doctor?" Doctor Kendall nodded before guiding Classic down the hallways. He wasn't sure how far he had gone nor which floor he was truly on. All he knew was that they had arrived at the destination. Classic felt his eyes shift to the glass, a human like figure hovering over a metal table within the chamber. 

"Welcome to SCP-049. He's not a bad guy, just moody at times. I talked to him just yesterday and it was interesting. The way he thinks is unique to himself. I'll let you prepare yourself while I set up the guard." A long silence ensued as Classic watched the other Doctor inside the room. He messed with tools while cleaning the blades. There was a brief moment where the SCP glanced toward the glass, Classic jumping slightly. Doctor Kendall noticed before holding back his laughter. "Seems he noticed you."

"How can he know I'm here?" The doctor shrugged before positioning the guards in the hall. He turned to Classic before holding out a band. Classic tilted his head before Doctor Kendall slid the band onto his wrist. It locked before a loud beep rang out.

"Now we're all set to let you in. I forgot to place the band on you earlier. It will tell me your condition, both physically and emotionally. I need to keep a watch on the mental health, to insure nothing goes wrong. When the mental levels drop, it tends to lead to fights or even aggressive conflicts that often end in serious injury. Are you ready?" Classic met his gaze before shaking his head, his face morphed into a look of disbelief.

"You know, I kind of want to go back to the cell I was in. The Wendigo seemed to love me, so how about I stick to him..."

"Nonsense! I am sure everything will be just fine. Trust me Classic, I know what I am doing. If I didn't think it was possible, I wouldn't have suggested it." There was a long silence before Classic nodded. Stepping closer to the door, he waited as the Doctor scanned a card. Slowly the door opened, the Plague Doctor turning to face Classic. Yellow eyes met Classic's empty ones as he stepped further in, the door closing once more. He felt like his soul was going to burst the moment footsteps began to approach. Without thinking his body shook as fear gripped to him. It was practically dripping from the air.

The SCP seemed to sense the distress radiating from the new face as they knelt down, their hand gently reaching out. Carefully they pressed a hand to Classic's head before a soft hum filled the suffocating silence. The action caught Classic off-guard as he felt his legs give way. Slowly he slid down the door before seating himself on the floor.

My, My! Such a small creature you are. I do not sense the disease for even a moment, though you seem so familiar to my creations. Interesting indeed. Maybe you are immune... Intriguing!" Classic exhaled a shaky breath as he found the will to speak.

"What do you mean by creations?" The sound of another voice seemed to startle the doctor as he tilted his head slightly. His fingers tapped on Classic's skull as he continued to hum quietly before speaking up.

"My creations are all cured of the disease. You bare nothing of that sort, so I shall label you as one of my children. Finally, someone untouched by that awful sickness. Even other SCP's reek of the vile disease. May I know your name? OR even number if you have one!" Classic gave a partial smile before attempting to stand, the Plague Doctor offering a hand. Accepting it, he rose before brushing off his attire.

"Call me Classic." 

"Well Classic, I am grateful to meet you. I assume this meeting is one Doctor Kendall put together, is it not?" Classic nodded before SCP-049 gave a soft sigh. "That man also does not have the disease. Seems less people have it in the world today, though I wouldn't know. It was a pleasure to meet you once again. I have business to finish but I assume I shall see you again soon. Take care and goodbye." The doctor pressed his hand lightly on Classic's head once more before turning him toward the door. Slowly Classic left, Doctor Kendall giving him a curious look as the doors shut.

"So... Any thoughts or comments?" Classic felt himself glance to the doctor before a smile fluttered over his features.

"I apparently am his child, I guess..." Doctor Kendall chuckled before nodding. 

"It does seem the case. Shall we head to the next one?" Classic nodded before taking one more glance. The Plague Doctor was looking toward the glass as he waved, Classic suppressing his urge to wave back. He knew the doctor wouldn't see it. 

"Will I see them all again, the ones I do get along with?" Doctor Kendall nodded slowly as he walked onward, Classic following close by. He couldn't help but enjoy the idea of having friends around him. SCP were dangerous in human eyes, yet to Classic they were kind. It was a mystery to him. Who knew dangerous beings would take such a liking to him.