~ 13 ~

Error moved slowly toward the destination, Blue remaining beside Dust. He could feel Dust's eyes as he examined him over. He wasn't entirely sure if it was pure curiosity or a lack of trust. Blue had been the enemy not too long ago. Being beside Nightmare's group left a different air, allowed him to see the other side of things. He had grown to admire some of the group, desiring the friendships they had.

"So, how are you going to open a portal?" Dust's words drew Error's attention as he sighed slightly. 

"There was remaining residue, so I need to mess with it. If all turns out correct, a portal will open permanently!" Blue scratched his skull before his worry became apparent. Dust seemed to notice, his hand gently resting on his shoulder.

"What do you think is on the other side?"

"Who knows! I personally don't care, so long as Nightmare and Classic return to us. It's hard without them around..." Blue nodded, his gaze wandering the barren area.

"How long has Nightmare and Classic been together?" Dust chuckled at the question. All of Nightmare's group had known about the relationship, most glad it happened. Nightmare had changed for the better, become more kind at heart.

"Couple months. They always are lively, enjoying the time they spend in secret. He almost never comes here unless he desires to get away from the responsibility. He's a lazy one, that's for sure!"

"I mean, he wouldn't be the original if he wasn't special in his own ways!" All three laughed at the thought as they finally found the end of the path. Blue was the first to fall silent when numerous eyes fell on him. Killer seemed indifferent, but Cross looked partially hurt to see Blue. It made sense. Cross had a fascination with the original. Most did honestly. 

Error had separated from Dust and Blue, silently waltzing toward the location. It was marked by tape. Slowly Error worked on inspecting it. He was a glitch for a reason. If anyone was able to reopen it, it was Error. Each skeleton waited patiently for results, Blue being the most eager. He owed Classic an apology.

They all watched as the residue seemed to shimmer slightly, the amount increasing as it spread wide along the ground. The black color left it unwelcoming, the sounds of shrieks and such echoing from beyond it. Everything left the group with a growing unease. Blue sucked in a breath before glancing toward Error, his voice somewhat lowered.

"Are we going to enter to find them, or wait?" Cross seemed to glare before Dust stepped in the way, his smile apparent.

"We can enter once Error says it's stable. Last thing we need is someone getting stuck in there with them." Blue nodded as Error seemed to rise from the ground, his head tilted slightly. 

"I can't really tell what stable is with this portal, but it should be good to cross through. Me and one other are going over. Who's coming?" Cross grinned before he spoke, ignoring Dust's growing anger.

"Why not throw Blue through, see if he can come back. Not like anyone would care." 

"Shut it Cross. Blue isn't entirely at fault here." They both glared before Blue sighed slightly.

"Error, let me go with you. I owe someone an apology anyway. I get you all might despise me, but I truly mean it when I regret my past actions. I am truly sorry and if diving head first into this portal will fix that feeling, I will gladly, no matter the consequences." Cross fell silent, his mouth dropping. Even Dust seemed startled. Error chuckled before nodding, his hand grabbing hold of Blue before he dove in, pulling Blue along.

Beyond the black puddle, they found themselves in a large field. It was peaceful for the time, the wind brushing against them. Blue found the green grass and morning blue sky overwhelming. He wished he could admire it all, but the sound of gunfire drew their gaze as their heads turned toward the noise. Error was the first to notice a familiar frame approaching. 

"Error?" The group approaching halted as Error glanced to Classic held close, his socket's widening. 

"Is he okay?" Nightmare nodded before the group could hear shouting. 

"He's fine, but we won't be soon. How did you open the portal?" Error shrugged before glancing toward the odd group behind him. Ignoring his growing questions, he motioned for them to step through. The new faces were hesitant, but once Nightmare stepped through with Classic they followed suit. Error released a heavy breath before pulling Blue back through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the abrupt ending. To simplify what happens after, Nightmare and Classic confront Ink and Dream. Basically, I wanted the SCP to have a way to keep in touch. I lost my motivation on the last chapter. I may rewrite it someday, but as of now, this story is done. Again, I apologize for the way the story ended :(