~ 5 ~

The evening had rolled around sooner then expected. Classic had been excited to know he could sleep most of the day, besides the times when Dr. Kendall came to visit. He rolled the empty ketchup bottle around the floor as he listened intently for any sounds. The room itself was very soundproof and not a single window was in sight. Besides the seemingly endless dark enveloping the room, it was quiet comfy compared to most areas Classic found himself dozing in. Even so, it still left a feeling of loneliness. He wanted to see Nightmare, to know he was okay.

What felt like hours passing by once more, he found himself wandering within his own thoughts. It was confusing how he had ended up in a different world, unrelated to Undertale entirely. The hatred Ink held was apparent to even him. This trip was meant to be permanent. A way to get rid of Nightmare, though he wasn't entirely sure who was the specific target. Both got dragged down and ended up in the new world together. It left a lingering question in Classic's mind. Was there even a way back? 

So lost in his own thoughts, he hadn't noticed the figure appear beside him. When he did, it was too late. Hands reached out as Classic felt his soul drop. Fear coursed through him as his sockets fell dark. His entire body froze up before he was pulled into an embrace. It took a moment for everything to click into his mind as a familiar set of tentacles gently wrapped around Classic's shaking frame.

"Classic... Calm down, it's just me!" The words were soothing to Classic as he struggled to regain his composure. Slowly he grabbed hold of Nightmare's attire, his finger's trembling. His voice was raspy as he spoke through the adrenaline coursing through him.

"You could have killed me from the amount of fear pulsing through me Nightmare!" Nightmare gave a soft chuckle before he sat beside Classic. His back pressed to the wall as he eased Classic to lean against him. The feeling of Classic's head resting on his chest drew a weak smile as he held Classic close.

"You happy to see me?" 

"Depends. You nearly gave me a heart attack... But yes, I am glad to see you. I heard you got into trouble today." Nightmare coughed lightly before turning his head away. 

"I spoke to Dr. Kendall, a rather nice human! He said apparently there is a common room for the SCP's that behave and get along. He's planning to send me in there tomorrow for trial and error, see who I can get along with." The words drew a worried expression from Nightmare.

"Then I have to go as well! I won't have you being put in danger just to appease their stupid curiosity."

"Night, it's okay. They said that you would be able to join if you behaved." Nightmare sighed as he nodded.

"Which means I need to sneak back to my cell before they notice I'm gone!" Classic nodded in agreement as he chuckled once more. His head leaning more into Nightmare as he cuddle into the embrace.

"Although, it doesn't have to be now... I'm quite enjoying... The warmth..." Nightmare watched as Classic slowly fell asleep, a genuine smile pressed to his features. He had to admit, he was undoubtedly in love with the smaller skeleton. Classic was the light in his world now, the only anchor keeping him from the lingering darkness looming over his soul. Running his hand gently over Classic's skull, Nightmare felt himself stare to the ceiling as he listened to the melody of Classic's gentle snoring.

Morning had rolled around when the sound of the door opening startled Classic. He glanced to where Nightmare once lay before noticing Dr. Kendall. His face was morphed into a calm expression as he tapped the pen off the clipboard. Classic gave a weak smile before he waited for the Doctor to speak.

"Must say, I was rather startled to find that the camera's had a gap in the footage. Mind telling me what exactly I was not supposed to see?" Classic felt his face flush momentarily before Dr. Kendall laughed softly. "Calm down Classic. I saw it all, but I will let it go. I learned something from yesterday. Seems your friend is only calm around you, so I've decided to allow the secret meetups so long as he remains behaved."

"I can't really talk for him... But I am sure I can convince him." He gave a grateful smile before he turned for the door. Classic gave a confused look before the Doctor showed the paper.

"Today you meet the SCP! Hopefully a couple warm up to you." There was a bit of worry among Classic's emotions, but he followed without argument.

"So which will I meet?" Dr. Kendall pulled free a piece of paper before letting Classic read it over. Some of the lines were blocked out, leaving missing facts. Irritation showed on his face as he passed the sheet back. "Why the Wendigo?"

"Had less risk compared to the others. If anything happens, we will be able to see you and help." Classic nodded as they stopped before a doorway. Guards remained lined on the halls as Classic peered through the glass. He could see a silhouette in the corner, but was unable to make out the characteristics. "You ready? I'll be right out here, okay?" 

"Yeah..." There was uncertainty on his face, but he pushed it away before forcing a smile. The Doctor gave a weak smile before he slid the card and allowed the door to open. Slowly Classic stepped in before the door shut once more, sealing the room in darkness. He could hear faint movement around him as he waited for the lights to turn on. 

As if one cue, the lights lit up before drowning the room in a glow. The sudden brightness irritated Classic's pinpricks as he looked to the floor, the sound growing closer. It wasn't until breathing was above him that he glanced upward. Fear was a partial emotion, but also curiosity. A beast hovered over him, hair growing around certain limbs. A large skull similar to an animals rested as the head. It moved carefully around Classic, sniffing him as Classic remained completely still. He waited until the creature sat before him, face drawing closer.

The feeling of something wet coated Classic's cheekbone as his laughter rang out. The creature tilted it's head before it moved closer, nose nuzzling against Classic. He gave a short exhale as he brushed his fingertips over the creatures snout, a soft smile catching the creatures eyes. 

"Hello there. Name's Classic, or Sans the skeleton as most called me." The creature nudged against him before he knelt down, his hands pressing lightly to the soft fur. "Seems I wasn't the only one lonely."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully you liked the chapter! Next chapter will consist of meeting the other SCP, so look forward to it <3