-Family Dinner-

Summary- Draco is having family dinner with Y/N for the first time, and he is very nervous about what her parents will think.

Words-1258 words

House- Any

Y/N's parents were always kind. Although they were pure-blood slytherins, and worked with the dark lord occasionally, they accepted any house and were one of the kindest slytherin couples. Even though they do support all houses and everything, they were thrilled when they found out their beloved daughter was dating a pureblood slytherin.

It was now the afternoon before Y/N and Draco visited Y/N's parents. She came all the way to the Malfoy Manor to help Draco get ready because he was nervous.

"I can't believe I came here when I'm just gonna have to go back to my house!" Y/N shouted, slightly outraged at what she signed up too.

"Hey, love! I'm nervous! What if your parents don't like me or- or-" Draco was freaking out with anxiety. He never cherished somebody so much to care what their parents thought, and he was quite an overthinker.

"Hush, hush." Y/N said as she placed a peck on his lips to keep him quiet.

"You're gonna wrinkle my shirt, love!" he shouted.

"Oh come on! A wrinkled shirt isn't going to ruin first impressions!" Y/N rolled her eyes and giggled. She was already in her gorgeous green dress. She twirled around and eventually plopped on Draco's bed.

"What are you doing, princess?" he laughed and sat next to her.

"I promise my parents will like you! You being a pureblood slytherin already guarantee they will adore you." she shouted.

"I swore you said they don't care about houses and stuff!" he pouted.

"Okay, they honestly wouldn't care if you were a gryffindor or-" Y/N spoke but couldn't finish because Malfoy cut her off.

"Like Pottah." he spat.

"Don't be silly I would never date a swine like him, he is my friend and all but I'll leave him to Ginny! As I was saying you being a pureblood slytherin gives you a, a boost is all" by the time Y/N finished talking Draco already had his suit on with a green tie.

"How could I be so lucky to have you?" Y/N cooed as she walked up to Draco, straightened his tie, and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Doesn't make me any less nervous. WHat if your parents ban me from seeing you or something absurd?" Draco shouted.

"They would never. Even if they did I'll still find a way to see you!" Y/N giggled at her boyfriend's nervousness. She thought him being so jittery was the cutest thing.

"What if they send you to-" Draco tried to say another what if and Y/N ws fed up with this nonsense.

She shouted "No more what if's! They are going to love you!" she shouted as she pulled at Draco's shirt sleeve and dragged him to the carriage. Shortly after they arrived at her parents' house. Y/N loved making an entrance even if it was for the smallest thing.

"Hi, mom and dad!" Y/N shouted and let go of Draco's hand pulling her parents into a hug. That made draco nervous causing him to play with his fingers and made him forget about greeting them.

Y/N stepped back and side hugged Draco, "This is, Dray! My boyfriend!" she shouted loud and proud.

He nudged her in the arm gently. "Babe, you know how I feel about pet names in public.". Draco was never the type for public affection and definitely not in the mood for being called pet names when he is so anxious.

"Sorry, Dray" she cooed and kissed him on the cheek.

"So! How have you been, dear! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" Y/N's mom shouted.

"Mom! I saw you less than a month ago!" Y/N laughed.

"That's a while for her mom to see her baby!" Y/N's mother smiled sweetly.

"Well, why don't you and your mother chat! I wanna get to know this Draco boy." Y/N's father said huskily.

"Good luck, Dray." Y/Nwhispered quietly into his ear so only he could hear. This made him take a large gulp.

Y/N and her mother went down to a seating area with white couches with blue and green throw pillows. They sipped on tea and caught up while giggling and laughing with each other.

Meanwhile, Draco was being led to a fabulous garden in the back corner of the house next to a giant swing with a gravestone.

"Don't be shy, kid. I'm not super overprotective! My daughter is old enough to date!" Y/N's father said.

"Well, if you don't mind me asking. What is that gravestone?" Draco asked nervously he would be banned from seeing Y/N or something absurd.

"Oh funny story! So long story short, it's for a worm. Y/N's idea by the way." Y/N's dad said wheezing.

"Oh, haha." Draco said laughing and shaking off the nervous feeling he felt before.

"So, let me know you. Just the basics." Y/N's dad questioned.

"Oh, well! Nothing too special. I guess. I mean I'm pretty smart! Your daughter and I have study dates!" Draco spoke.

"Oh wow, and I, you are smart!" Y/N's dad laughed.

They kept chatting while Y/N and her mother set the table and it was almost dinner time. "Guys! Dinner is ready! Please come inside!" Y/N's mother shouted and they both took their seats.

Draco and Y/N's father came inside and whipped their shoes on the floor mat. "It looks amazing, Mrs. Y/L/N (Your last name).

"Oh please! Call me Y/M/F/N (your mom's first name) that makes me sound old!" Y/N's mom added.

Now everybody was seated and Draco's hand was placed on Y/N's leg, right above her knee. "So, Draco! How are you and my daughter?' Y/N's mother decided to break the silence.

"We are great! Honestly, just our normal small arguments and such." Draco answered.

"What was the most recent fight you've had?" Y/N's mother was definitely more protective than her dad although it doesn't seem like it at first.

"Now, mom! You're getting kind of personal!" Y/N defended in order to try to save herself and Draco from whatever his stupid answer would be.

"Oh no. It's fine Y/N! Really!" Draco responded to her.

"So." Y/N's mother questioned.

"Well, I wouldn't say fight but we argued over studying with friends." Draco tried to be as vague as possible. Everything was going well until Y/N's mother blurted out these oh so random questions.

"C'mon! Add to it! That's so vague, dear." Y/N's mother said enthusiastically.

"That's the point." Y/N heard Draco mumble under his breath.

"We argued over Y/N studying with her friend, Potter. I can get a bit, well how do I say this, jealous." Draco was slowly losing his temper and Y/N could tell.

"Oh, Potter! He is such a good influence! I love that boy, very charming too!" Y/N's mom added flames to the fire. She could tell her mom wasn't doing it on purpose but sometimes her mom could be a bit clueless.

Before anything bad could happen Y/N grabs Draco's arm. By now everybody is finished with their food. "Draco and I will be going to my bedroom." Y/N told her parents and yanked him up the stairs eventually getting to her room.

She sits him down on the bed. "I'm sorry, Dray! I know this isn't how you planned." Y/N sighed and took a seat next to him.

"No, it's perfect." Draco says and places a kiss on Y/N's forehead.

"Just like you." Draco added. They soon got into PJ's and fell asleep in each other's arms.