Chapter 19: The Fallen Prince

"You know Zira doesn't like you looking there, " Vitani stated as she walked up next to Kion.

"I don't care," he growled in return as gaze remained locked on Pride Rock.

It had been a month since he had joined the Outsiders and left his life in the Pride Lands behind. His fur had gone from a vibrant gold to the yellow barley being visible under all of the dirt and dust, the same went for his usually bright red mane.

"You know it's almost time, " Vitani reminded.

"Yea, I know, all we need is the staff and we can bring back Scar."

"You sure you can do this?" She asked.

Kion shot her an annoyed glare. "This was my idea, Vitani."

"I thought this was Scar's idea."

"Scar only told me how I could bring him back, the plan to get the staff is my idea."

Before Vitani could respond the rest of her friends showed up behind her. Kion shook his head, telling her that they'd finish the conversation another time.

"Are we ready?" He asked Kasi.

"Of course, Kion, everyone knows what to do. The hyenas, jackals, crocodiles, and vultures are ready," Kasi replied.

"Then we wait for our signal, and remember, we only need the staff," he stated.

"What if the mandrill puts up a fight?" Tazama asked.

"Then we do what we must," he replied firmly. Everyone nodded in understanding.

It was time to bring back a legend.

(Kion)

Scar was such a legend
Though he's long gone, his story lives on
If we bring back that legend, his big evil smarts give us a new start

No one in the Pride Lands could possibly dream of our big scheme
They'll all be astounded when the Lion Guard's done and our victory won

(Everyone)

Let's bring back a legend, a legend to help our fight
Let's bring back a legend, a legend of darkness tonight
Let's bring back a legend, a legend of darkness tonight!

____________________________________________

There was their signal.

A tidal wave of fire as far as the eye could see began to sweep across the Pride Lands. Kion motioned for the group to follow him, they had a mandrill to meet. The vultures had left a small path between the flames, they used this hidden corridor to sneak into the Pride Lands, and hopefully, it would be their when they needed to sneak back out. 

They snuck through some tall grass to avoid detection, they were now deep into Pride Lands. Now the group would split up, Kion, Vitani, and Kasi would go to Rafiki's Tree while Kovu, Tazama, Imara, and Shabaha went to Pride Rock.

They weren't taking any chances.

The plan was simple, use the blazing inferno to distract the Pride Landers and Lion Guard while they went and found Rafiki and took his staff.

He hadn't seen his guard, or his family since the day left. No, the Outsiders were his family now, and while living in the Outlands was a difficult and trying life, it was the one he chose.

They finally arrived at Rafiki's, it hadn't changed a bit. Kion began sniffing around the tree and it didn't take him long to pick up Rafiki's scent, it hadn't changed either. He extended his claws and scratched the tree, generating a loud noise and leaving a mark on the tree.