Siblings, Books, and Skate Boards

(Jinora)

"IKKI! MEELO! I'M LEAVING! IF YOU DON'T WANNA WALK BY YOURSELF, YOU BETTER COME NOW!" Her words echoed in the Air Temple mansion as Jinora yelled up to her younger siblings, (who are most still in their beds as it was still 7:30 and the bus wouldn't be there for at least another half-hour). I better leave now, Jinora thought. She liked to be at least 20 minutes early so she could read before the bus came, and she needed to know whether Tessa chose Will or Jem. Jinora's heart ached, she absolutely 100% needed to know.

It took about 10 minutes to get to the bus stop walking, but Jinora could do it in 5 with her airbending, so she was confident that she would make it in time to read her book. She yelled up a quick 'I'm leaving' and 'Goodbye'. Before she put on her tennis shoes and literally leaped out the door on to her air scooter. Jinora hollered as she felt the strong gust of wind against her face. She was at the bus stop super soon, she quickly hopped off her air scooter and sat down on the bench.

Once she was seated, she pulled out Clockwork Angel and opened it, she smiled at Will's hatred of duck and desperately hoped that Tessa would get together with him even if he was mean, he did have a secret for that (she hoped). She loved Jem too, he was a saint. Since she already finished The Mortal Instruments about 2 days ago, she was happy to say that all Herondales hated ducks. She was a bit confused when Will's son James wondered into Hyde Park and told the ducks he was their king in The Bane Chronicles (she'd finished that yesterday).

"OUT OF THE WAY!" A voice hollered, Jinora looked up and saw a boy about her age dressed in green and brown on a skateboard heading towards the bench. "QUICK!" She airbended herself and her backpack up and out of the way as the boy crashed into the stand. He sat up slightly dazed and took a deep breath. "You all good?" He murmured as he looked around for his skateboard, Jinora nodded and helped him up after he picked up his skateboard, it was broken in half, He cursed under his breath. "That one was new too. Btw sorry about that, My name's Kai, Kai Wang." He said looking her in the eye with mesmerizing green eyes, and giving her a shy smile. Dang, he is cute. Jinora thought blushing.

(Kai)

"Jinora Gyatso." The girl said giving Kai a half-smile, he noticed she was blushing. He had to grin back; she was just so cute.

"That's a nice name." Jinora raised her right eyebrow. Kai internally cursed himself, that sounded stupid, he needed to sound cool. He tried again, "Do you live around here?" He raised his right eyebrow.

"Uh, yeah actually I live in the Air Temple mansion with my family, where do you live?" Jinora replied giving him a small smile.

"I live on the third house in the street next to Bender's, I just moved in with my adoptive parents, their actually really young and they're brothers." He said with a shrug. Jinora's eyes lit up with either happiness or confusion, probably the later. "Do you not know where th-"

"You're an orphan? Sorry," She did seem sorry, "Btw, what are the names of your adoptive parents? Are they basically teenagers?" Jinora looked up at him with curious eyes.

"Uh, yeah, their names are Mako and Bolin." Kai said slowly, Jinora grinned, Holy shit, she is so cute. 

"Yes! Them and Asami are my friend Korra's best friends!" She was still smiling, "That's so cool, I guess I'll be seeing a lot of you then."

"Wait Korra, like Avatar Korra?" Kai said suspiciously, So she's rich, cute, and friends with the Avatar, what next? She nodded, now smiling so hard, that he had to grin too. "What else should I know about?" Kai said jokingly, and the super cute girl in front of her laughed.

"Well it's a lot of stuff so be prepared," Jinora said mockingly putting her chin up, "First of all, my dad is on the Council, Councilmen Tenzin." Oh god, "Second off all, I'm an airbender, that's how I was able to dodge your skateboard, and I'm starting sixth grade today." Kai smiled, yes! She's my age!

"Well damn," Kai said resulting in Jinora giving him a quick glare, "I didn't expect there to be so much." He looked around and saw a copy of Clockwork Angel he smiled softly and picked it up, "I love this series." He said in wonder as he handed it over, "I read it about a 2 months ago."

"You've read it?" Jinora asked as she put it in her bag. as Kai nodded, she felt a small smile creeping across her face. "That's cool, btw the bus will be here in a couple minutes." Kai nodded and picked up his things as the bus rolled down the street towards them.

Kai felt his heart rate going up, it was his first day of middle school.

(Jinora)

Where the heck where they? Ikki, Meelo, you better show up soon. Thought Jinora cursing her siblings. She turned to Kai who looked as if he was going to say something, he was blushing, "What is it?" Jinora asked quietly.

"Uh, I was wondering if I could sit with you or something, because I'm kinda new here." Kai said blushing furiously. Jinora smiled, he was so cute.

"Yes, of course you can, I'm not that mean. Don't worry." She said mockingly serious. Kai let go of a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. He thanked her. "So what classes are you taking?"

"All the average ones except Language Arts, I'm taking advanced for that. I'll bet you're taking advanced for everything." Kai shrugged,

Jinora nodded, "That's cool, I'm just taking advanced because my dad made sure I knew everything when I was younger, you know, because he's on th-," Jinora was cut off by the bus coming to a stop, and Meelo and Ikki yelling for the bus to wait while coming fast on their air scooters. "Those monkeys are my siblings btw." Jinora whispered as Ikki and Meelo jumped off their air scooters,

"I won! Jinora didn't I just win, I'm more manly than anyone, especially this lady over here." Meelo said pointing to Ikki.

"Hi Jinora. Who's this? Is this your boyfriend? JINORA HAS A BOYFRIEND!" Ikki shouted rapidly.

"Ikki shut up, I don't have a boyfriend, I'm 11-years-old!" Jinora shot back blushing. "Let's go." She said as she pulled Kai by the arm away from Ikki. She let go of him in front of the bus, "Sorry, that was my sister Ikki and my brother Meelo. They're super annoying."

"It's fine. Honestly." Kai replied as they got onto the bus. 

Hey! What do you think? Was it alright, if not, please be patient, this is my first fanfic, and I'm not very good at timing the book. Anyway, please keep on reading!

-Boompowgunman