Freebees's

Sorry for the crappy title, I didn't know what to put, so I wrote it, because, what the heck do I care!

And onto the story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Kai)

"So, where do you wanna sit?" Kai asked as he and Jinora walked slowly to the back.

"I don't really care, you chose." She replied, Kai chose the seat in front of the left side back one. They sat down with Jinora on the window seat. She looked over at Kai who had a monotone expression, and his leg was bouncing up and down. "D'you mind if I read?" Jinora asked.

"No, sure." Kai replied and looked out the window. The landscape was zooming past him, all blurred together it looked like a painting someone did then ran a big brush on it, smearing everything sideways.

When they got off the bus Kai turned around, "I gtg to math and it's the other way, soooo. Friends?"

"Friends." Jinora confirmed. Kai grinned, gave a thumbs up and skipped away to math. He just made it to Kai class on time. Everyone was talking, he chose a seat in the back and played with his hair a bit.

"Today we will review some stuff from last year." His teacher said, looks like there's no freebee first day huh, Kai thought with a groan, "Kai Wang? What is ¾ times ½."

"3/8." Kai answered without thinking about it, that one was easy, seriously dude! even I can solve that in the blink of an eye, and that's saying something. But his mind was elsewhere on a girl with big brown eyes, and cropped hair.

(Meanwhile-Jinora)

"Welcome everyone, good morning. Today we'll just do some reading, just make sure you log it." Jinora's teacher winked. She was nice, Jinora pulled out Clockwork Angel, she couldn't wait to get to Clockwork Princess where she saw a meme about demon pox. She couldn't concentrate on her book, her mind always went to a face with mesmerizing forest green eyes.

(Lunch Break-Kai)

Kai walked into the lunchroom, he looked around as he wondered if Jinora had the same lunch break him. Sure enough, he spotted her thankfully alone (what would he do if she was surrounded by friends) at a table at the back of the room engrossed in a book. He smiled slightly and walked over, "I know it might be kinda weird, but can I sit with you?"

"Sure, why not." Jinora said gesturing to the seat across from her as she put her book down, "So how's school so far for you?"

"Boring," Kai groaned as he sat down, "We had a lot stuff assigned, I mean seriously, it's the first day, aren't we supposed to be getting used to school, and doing easy stuff?"

Jinora laughed, "Apparently not," She said with a grin, "I guess they just want us to get used to middle school."

"I guess," Kai mumbled, "But it's the first day! But uh, how your day so far?"

"It's was good, I was lucky, I didn't get much homework. I just got an hour of reading and 15 of writing on some topic that we have to turn in, in tommorow." Jinora shrugged.

"Just? That's a lot of reading for one day." Kai said disbelievingly.

"Huh, wel-" A big clang echoed the lunchroom, "Oh shoot, that's the bell, I gotta get to class, see yah later!" She grabbed her book and ran off.

"Jinora, wait!" Kai said loudly as he ran up to her, she turned around, "Can I meet up with you on the bus after school?" He said breathlessly.

"I'm not taking the bus, I'm gonna walk so I don't have to run into Meelo and Ikki," Kai shoulders fell as Jinora talked, "But, you can walk with me if you want." She brushed her short hair out of her face as she smiled and stared up into his eyes, God she's so cute. He thought as he smiled.

"Sounds good, meet you on the front steps?" Kai said questionably, her brown eyes twinkled as she smiled and nodded, "Ok, see you then."

"See you then." Jinora called over her shoulder as she raced to class. Kai smiled to himself as he walked to his 4th period science class.

Btw, sorry if my books a bit unrealistic, like I said, I'm a beginner!  

-Boompowgunman