Three

Keefe

"It feels wrong To be here." He said, pulling on the edge of his under suit shirt. Biana hadn't given him time to change before leaping them to Havenfield.

"I don't think anyone likes to be here anymore. Even Grady and Edaline have moved into Everglen with my parents, but I think they're here today. Fitz and Marella are the only ones there all the time now."

"Of course they are." He scowled at the mention of Fitz's name. He didn't know why he was so annoyed, but he had a bad feeling.

Biana grabbed his wrist at the door. "First, Fitz is married to Marella, not Sophie, just to get that off your chest. Second, it's going to be rough seeing her. She doesn't look like Sophie, sometimes she mutters in her sleep, usually saying something about perfection, or... trying to find something."

"I think I can handle it." Not really the truth, but what else was he supposed to say?

The moment they walked inside, the instense glare Grady gave him might have been laser beams, if that were genetically possible.

"Biana. What where you thinking? Bringing, him back. Grady had never been Keefe's biggest fan. Ever. It wasn't hard to figure out why either.

"I made a promise to Sophie before... you know what. I intended to keep that promise. Now, I am going to bring him to go see her, please tell Edaline to call off Sandor." It took Keefe a moment to realize how much more commanding Biana was now compared to when they were younger. He guessed people changed a lot in eight years.

Grady scowled, but nodded, and called up the stairs. "Eda! Tell Sandor he can let Biana and her friend in!" He wouldn't even say his name.

A moment passed before Edaline responded. "You're all clear!" Grady motioned for them to go on ahead and they did.

Biana led him up the first flight of stairs, past Edaline, then up another flight to where Sandor stood in front of the third floor door.

"Mr. Sencen? It's been a long time." The bulky warrior proclaimed.

"Yeah, it has.." was all he said before he noticed the look Biana gave Sandor. He sighed and opened the door.

It took a moment to register that he had almost forgotten what the room had looked like. From the star shaped crystals hanging from the ceiling to the flowered rug on the floor. It was like seeing something for the first time entirely.

Then he noticed the still, barely moving figure on the talk canopy bed. Fitz sat beside it, holding her hand, and another girl with the same blonde hair with small braids woven into it stood near one of the far walls. Marella and Fitz glowered as they walked into the room.

"Why is he here, Biana?" Fitz snapped.

"I told you before I left, I'm not explaining it again. Just let him see her, please." Fitz glared at her, then at Keefe before giving up. He stood up and walked past Keefe.

As he passed, he whispered in his ear, "You get five minutes before I tell Sandor to throw you out." He gulped and walked over to sit down.

Keefe stared for a moment. It was all wrong. She was so still and motionless.

Then, out of no where, he bent down and whispered, hoping for some reason that she might hear him. "Foster, I came back. Just like I said I would." Silence.

He straightened and stood up, ignoring all the glares directed straight at him. When a loud gasp came from Where she was laying, and her eyes fluttered open.

Keefe would have sworn it was a fairytale, until she looked at him, and screamed.

He barely had enough time to mutter one last word before the inflicting knocked him out: "Sophie..."