Fifteen

Keefe

He backed away from Kayla. "You did this to Sophie?! You're the reason she-"

"Despite what you think I wasn't the one to break her mind. I'm not trained in that department. I closed off her thoughts from the world. It was... someone else who broke her mind."

Keefe glared at her angrily. "Then who did, and if you lie to me I will let you know I am not as rusty at getting revenge as I may seem."

She shook her head. "I don't know! They wouldn't even give me their code name. All I know that have black hair and they always wear a hood. I swear that's all I know."

Keefe gritted his teeth. "Take me to her. Take me to Sophie." Keyla bit her lip.

"Alright, but she's was with Kesler Dizznee last time I checked. It's just that... Kesler is working with the Neverseen.

"What?!" Keefe couldn't believe it. Of all the people it had to be Kesler?!

"Just don't do anything too rash.." Kayla brought out a leaping crystal and made her way to the exit out of Atlantis. Keefe followed, ready to run if this happened to be a trap.

As their bubble rose above the surface, Kayla raised the crystal.

Then they followed the beam of light to Mysterium.

They made their way through the streets until they reached Slurps and burps. As Keefe pushed through the front doors, he heard Kesler talking to someone at the front desk.

"Okay, you sneak up behind him, I'll distra-" he started, but Kayla had already walked though the isles and out of sight, though Keefe could hear her argueing.

"Kesler, you and I need to talk, or my special friend will make you, and if you think you can get away I'll prove you wrong." The laughter that followed did not belong to Kesler.

"Idiot girl, We knew you were untrustworthy." then Kayla screamed and a loud thud signaled something hitting the floor.

Keefe weaved through the isles to see what had happened. Kayla was silent and it was worrying him even just the slightest.

When he reached the front he found him standing face to one of the people who still haunted his dreams after eight long years.

"Gethen" he scowled, but Gethen just smiled.

"I knew you would be here, Kayla did her job perfectly." What was he talking about? Had Kayla betrayed him?

Just then someone grabbed him from behind and threw him into the shelves. The first two tipped over, sending vials and elixirs broken and scattered across the floor.

"Hey! You said there wouldn't be any collateral damage." Kesler yelled.

"We'll pay for the damages" said Gethen. Whoever had pushed him bound Keefe's wrists together, and no matter how much he struggled he couldn't get free.

"Knock him out." Gethen passed them a cloth, and Keefe pulled harder against the restraints.

"HELP! I NEED HELP" He screamed. Everyone laughed.

"No one is coming to help you boy. You are all alone." Gethen sneered, and the person who'd knocked him down reached over to cover his mouth with the cloth, when the front door slammed open.

"You need to stop thinking you're always going to win. You forget, memories or not, I am always more powerful than you." Keefe looked up at the door. He knew that voice. That beautiful voice.

Standing there in front of him, was Sophie.