Eighteen

Keefe

Keefe stared in horror at the sight of Dex's body. It was so...still.

Biana rested his limp head on her lap and continued crying. No one said anything.

The only sound was the barely audible breathing, and consistent sobs from Biana.

Finally, Sophie walked over and bent beside Biana. "He didn't deserve this..." Biana shook her head in agreement but didn't say anything.

Another long silence filled the room. This time though it was Biana who broke the silence.

"There's something in his pocket..." she reached over and pulled out a crumpled sheet of paper. She smoothed it out against the ground and mumbled to herself, like she was reading something.

Everything after that happened so fast.

Biana looked up and then at Linh. "HOW COULD YOU" she shot to her feet and lunged for Linh. Wylie and Keefe bothe grabbed her shoulders.

"Wait a second. What's going on?" Wylie asked.

Biana's face was covered in fresh tears. "LINH DID IT. LINH KILLED DEX. SHE-SHE-SHE KILLED HIM!" She struggled against their hood but didn't manage to escape.

Everyone looked at Linh, who only stared at the floor.

"Is it true Linh?" Asked Marella.

Linh looked up, but instead of looking sad or angry, she grinned. "Yes. I did."