Four

Keefe

Keefe opened his eyes And looked up at the crystal ceiling. They had taken him to Everglen. Even after eight years it was impossible to forget this place.

"Look who's finally awake." A familiar voice spoke, thought the cold bitterness of his words hit Keefe like a knife to the back.

"What happened?" Was all he asked, sitting up to face Fitz, who stood in the doorway, flowing at him.

"You really want to know? You talked to her, and she woke up. We've tried everything and somehow Sophie miraculously wakes up when she hears you."

"That's not what I meant. I know that part of it, and I don't know why either. I want to know why she was screaming, why she inflicted on my." The grimace on Fitz's face was so smug Keefe would have slapped him if the matter at hand wasn't more important.

"Elwin says the coma caused some neurological damage that altered or changed some of her memories. Maybe it just happened to effect the ones with you in it."

Keefe narrowed his eyes. "Why are you so happy about this?"

"I'm not." Keefe wasn't so sure about that, but he'd worry about it later.

"Well I'm sorry. I didn't think that would happen."

"Clearly."

He ignored the comment. "What am I to do now? Ignore it? Move on?"

"Go back to the forbidden cities, stay here, I don't care. Just stay away from Sophie, or I'll kill you myself." Fitz spat, and Keefe knew he meant it.

Fitz glanced back like someone might have been watching, then back at Keefe. "Biana and Dex are waiting in the living room for you. I assume you know the way still?"

"Pretty sure."

"Then get out" he stepped aside, and Keefe stood up, and walked out and into the winding halls of Everglen.