Sixteen

Sophie

Sophie had tracked Kayla's thoughts all the way from Atlantis, then back to Kesler's shop. She couldn't believe her luck was so terrible.

But it had surprised her how easily she had been able to locate Kayla. It was like all of her abilities were stronger now since she'd woken up.

But now she stood face to face with two- possibly three of her worst enemies. All to protect.. him. The one she was sure was trying to kill her, yet some part of her said he was worth saving.

"Hand him over and no one gets hurt" she said, holding her head up confidently.

Gethen scowled. "Why should we? You aren't as powerful as before. If anything you are weak. A weak, and failed experiment of the Black Swan."

Sophie stared at him for a minute, then smiled. "I really wish you didn't say that" she closed her eyes and aimed all her anger and hate and fear towards him. She heard him cry out, and when she looked up again he was in her knees clutching his head in pain.

Sophie looked at Kesler. "Hand him over or you're next" Kesler looked at the third person who was in a long white cape, their face hidden by a silvery veil. They untied Keefe's bindings and hauled him to his feet.

They shoved Keefe towards Sophie and she caught him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders to keep him standing. He looked as if he might pass out at any second.

Sophie pulled out the leaping crystal she had stolen from Kesler and held it up to the light coming in through the windows, and disappeared from the shop.

They arrived at Everglen once again. Biana was at the gate almost instantly once again. Sophie wondered if something was bothering her.

"We need to get him help." Sophie said, nearly dropping Keefe as she walked through the gates. He was unconscious now and light leaping him had caused him to fade a little bit.

"I'll Elwin and the others" Biana rushed inside and Sophie followed, laying Keefe on the living room couch.

She waited for what had to have been twenty minutes before Elwin arrived with the rest of the people Kesler said were her friends.

Except Dex.

"What happened?!" Exclaimed Linh who ran over immediately.

"Long story... " Sophie muttered and walked out of the room. She wasn't ready for the questions.

She wasn't ready for anything really. Inflicting on Gethen had taken something out of her, and yet it had felt like the right think to do.

Sophie waited I. The kitchen for everyone to finish. No one came to talk to her, and she couldn't blame them. Who would want to talk to the crazy girl who hadn't been herself from the moment she woke up from a coma.

Sophie chuckled. It sounded so silly when she thought about it like that, no matter how true it really was.

Finally someone came in. To her surprise it was Keefe. Maybe be hadn't been as out of it as she'd thought, although Sophie did notice a slight limp in his left leg.

"Hey" he said.

"Hey..." she refused to look at him. What else could she do?

"We... we need to talk." Sophie had no idea what would have happened, because right then a blood curdling scream came from the living room.

Sophie stood up and ran out of the room, Keefe following close behind her.

Biana kneeled down over something on the ground.

Someone.

Laying on the front porch of Everglen, was Dex, with a cold dead stare, and an icy endless gaze.

Don't hurt me for this ending. I love Dex as much as anyone, but I've been wanting some Dexiana drama in here and I finally found it.

Also, Disclaimer: The Image for the chapter I didn't do, but I did edit it to make it look like Biana was crying