Eight

Keefe

As Keefe plunged into the whirlpool, all the memories from before he left came back. Mount Everest, Sophie and Dex's kidnapping, even waiting in that dark cave for Mr. Forkle to return with the news that Sophie would be okay, when he'd reset her abilities.

It made him homesick, and wish he'd never left at all.

He didn't even realize he was crying when he boarded a carriage, and the coachman handed him a handkerchief.

Keefe didn't know where he was going. It would be nearly impossible to search the entirety of Atlantis for Sophie. Especially alone. He'd been so stupid for leaving the others behind. This is why they all hated him; he was impulsive, and never listened to anyone but himself.

The Carriage pulled to a stop. Keefe didn't question it. Then came the matter of payment. He didn't have any money. He told the coachmen the issue. For some strange reason, he waved it off and said it was alright. Living with humans for eight years had made Keefe forget how nice the elves could be.

Well, nice was an opinion.

"My god.. Keefe Sencen?" Keefe whirled around

"Livvy?" He hadn't known her very well, but he knew she sometimes came to talk to Elwin, since They were both physicians.

"Haven't seen you in a long time!" she said, sounding exited at first, then narrowing her eyes she continued. " Why are you here now?"

Keefe backed up a step. "I'm looking for someone." Livvy grimaced.

"I suppose you won't tell me who it is." H shook his head.

"You probably won't be able to help much, she ran off recently-"

"You said she, so I assume you mean Sophie? I saw her back in Mysterium not too long ago." Something wasn't right here. She wasn't telling the whole story.

"How could you have gotten from Mysterium to here so fast. I don't think it's actually possible to do that." Livvy hesitated. He'd got her.

"I knew it. Who are you working with, The Black swan? The other rebel group? Or just some creep?" Livvy's expression went from nervous to what might have been annoyed.

"I forget you weren't here when that happened. I work with the Black Swan as their physician. Well. I did." Keefe frowned.

"What do you mean you did?"

Libby hesitated before meeting his eyes. "Because there is no more Black Swan."