Eleven

Kayla

"What do you mean my sister?" Keefe asked. Honestly, even as an adult he was so immature.

"I mean I'm your sister. Well, your half sister. We have the same dad." not that it was something to be proud of, their dad was a jerk.

"Look, kid, if this is some sort of prank, I don't have the time. I'm trying to find someone." Keefe argued and turned to leave.

"You're trying to find Sophie Foster, right? I know where she is." Keefe froze and turned to face her.

"I'm listening, but I'm going to need some proof that you aren't lying." Kala threw her hands up in annoyance.

"You're an empath, Keefe. Use your ability." he stopped, as if annoyed that she had thought of it before her.

"Right..." he held out a hand to her and she took it.

A few seconds passed.

Then a minute.

Eventually Keefe dropped her hand and sighed. "I believe you."

"Good, because you were really starting to get on my nerves." Kayla smirked, the one thing she had in common with Keefe that her father could barely stand.

"So care to explain the whole sister thing?" Kayla looked away, trying to decide if she was ready to tell him her story.

"You want the whole story, or the short one?"

He hesitated before saying "The whole story." Kayla took a deep breath, before starting.

"About the time you started at foxfire, dad started an affair with another woman named Lady Serena. Like me, she was a telepath. She was an emissary to the council.. until eight years ago in the ever blaze fire that killed Councilor Kenric. She was in Eternalia at the time. She didn't make it out of the fire.

I've lived with dad since you left for the forbidden cities; watching and keeping tabs on your friends. Sophie struggled for a while. She didn't talk to anyone for a month, as if she'd gone catatonic or something. Then like nothing had happened she was back on her feet. No one asked her any questions. They... forgot about what happened.

Except Biana. She remembered that promise for every year that you were gone. Every year she'd go to Sophie and tell her how much longer she had.

Then on the second to last year she jus.. left. She disappeared for eight months. They thought she was dead for good this time. Until they found her in the coma on the front steps... of Candleshade. Someone was trying to send a message, about you."

Keefe was silent for a long time. "I thought this was you're story."

"This is a part of my story, Keefe." Kayla knew she shouldn't tell him, not yet., but it seemed so important that there was no going back now.

"What do you mean, all that was about Sophie and the others."

"I mean, that when I started my third year at foxfire, your mother, Lady Gisela, came to me. She threatened you're life and all of your friends. I just couldn't let it happen."

Keefe narrowed his eyes. "What did she make you do, Kayla."

Kayla finally met her brother's eyes. "She made me put Sophie into that Coma."

 LoL, I just realized I made Kayla NINE. So uh, pretend she said she was born around the time Keefe turned six. I totally jut realized that mistake, so my apologies.