CHAPTER - 16

ANDREW'S POINT OF VIEW

I opened the main door of the mansion and was met with an eerily silence. I walked further inside and thought to take some rest. I was walking towards my room when I saw the pieces of a broken vase and then I hear someone's screaming, Chase's to be exact.

I wasted no time in going towards the source of the noise. What I saw made my blood boiled. In no time I ripped him off my daughter. When I saw his face, I was livid. I was punching the living daylights out of him. When I thought, he was unconscious. I threw him towards the wall like a sack, his head hit hard on the wall. He groaned and fell unconscious then I turned towards my princess.

I choked in a sob as soon as I took in her state. Tears-streaked face, swollen eyes, bruised cheeks, and torn T-shirt. I wasted no time in covering her with my coat.

"D-Daddy!" Chase cried out

I immediately hugged her and said, "Don't worry princess. I'm here." I was murmuring sweet words to her.

Bang

I jolted forward and a sudden piercing pain shot through my shoulder.

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

As Andrew was hugging his fear-stricken daughter a gun-shot could be heard. Andrew's body jolted forward and Chase's eyes widened in panic.

"Dad! " Chase screamed

She saw the blood rushing out of Andrew's shoulder. He missed the shot but was still loosing consciousness. She looked behind and saw John standing up while supporting himself with the help of the table. He had a concussion from the hit with the wall.

Where did he get the gun from?

Chase looked at John panicked but then she thought that this is the right chance. He is still feeling dizzy and she could take advantage it. She need to be strong for her dad right now.

'Before he shots again I need to take the gun out of his hand ', chase thought. She with all her remaining strength pulled herself up, rushed towards John, and tackled him to the ground.

"Aah! " John shouted in surprise and pain both. The gun slid out of his hand when he fell. Chase wasted no time in grabbing the gun and pointing it towards John.

John looked at Chase and smirked evilly with a bloodied smile. Dad surely did a number on him. And that made her look at her Dad who was unconscious by now.

She sobbed but didn't wavered.

Chase clutched the gun tighter and said, "Don't come near me. I will shoot. "

"You can't shoot me, Chase. " He said while taking a threatening step towards her with his wobbling legs.

Chase shook her head defying him.

John started laughing hysterically and asked mockingly, "Oh really! Little Chase got the confidence now? "

Tears welled up in her eyes remembering what happened a few moments back but her hold on the gun didn't falter. She knew that John was just looking for a chance for her to do it.

John snubbed Chase's warning and propelled ahead.

"No! Don't come near me! " Chase screamed but it looked like the warning was going to a deaf's ear as John took another step, then another one.

Chase's finger curled on the trigger. But before she could pull the trigger John jumped on Chase's startling her. Now they were both trying to pull back the gun from other's grasp. 

"Bitch! Let it go. " John snarled.

"N-" Chase's voice was cut shot by a gunshot and John's scream which was laced with pain. Chase stood their shell-shocked as she took in the blood which was gushing out of John's abdomen. Just then stampede of footsteps could be heard approaching. 

Charley came first and saw Chase holding the gun and Andrew and John lying on the floor with bullet wounds on both of them. 

"Chase! " He shouted

___

Another boring chapter, I know.