Chapter 1: The Notice

Us, Inklings, believed humans had been extinct 12,000 years ago. But...we were wrong. Two and a half months ago, there was proof that humans still lived, but they are not your "ordinary" types. They have a special thing called "quirks", aka superpowers. The inklings (and octolings) were afraid to show ourselves to humans. The reason was... Are they friend or foe?

(PRESENT TIME)

"That's MY soda, Four!" I told Four. She responded with "Finders, keepers. Losers, weepers." I felt like I was about to blow. Before I could get mad at Four, Eight said "Calm down, Three. There are still 27 soda cans left." Eight is always calm and caring, and I could never get mad at her. "The flavors are miscellaneous though, Eight." I reminded her. Four squished her can, tossed it off the island, and said "Ship it so much!" "Shut up, and did you forget we are on Octo Canyon!? You're littering!" I yelled at Four. I sat down at Marie's little hut in Octo Canyon, and thought to myself "I wish I was Callie, an animated inkling, while I'm like Marie, a serious inkling."

We didn't talk for a few minutes, and all I could hear was Four drinking soda, squishing the cans, and tossing them off the island, and Eight popping some balloons with the Custom Blaster. After that few minutes, I heard people entering here. I looked at the entrance, and it was just Callie, Marie, Pearl, and Marina. The four idols greeted us, and Four, Eight, and I welcomed them in Octo Canyon. We were talking about our day so far. Pearl and Marina said they were exhausted, due to the amount of work they had to do. Callie and Marie were with Captain Cuttlefish at Octo Valley. I told them about the soda incident (as I call it), and Four yelled at me.

Following the fun talk, Marie got serious, and said "The reason is that we got something important to say to Three." There was a gap of silence, so I decided to say "Okay, what is it?" "We are enrolling you in High School." Marina announced."That's it? Easy!" I said. Callie suddenly told me "Oh, no no no! You are going to HUMAN high school!" Four, Eight, and I looked at each other in disbelief. " A HUMAN high school?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!?!" I panicked.

Pearl reminded me with "This will not be an easy ride for you in the human world, Three." "I know, Pearl. It's just,...why me specifically? Why not Four or Eight?" I questioned the idols. "It's because we want you to have more friends, plus, you're more straightforward than Four or Eight," Pearl explained. "But there is only one rule, and that rule is to not share any info about the inkling culture including your quirk, or power.'" Marie explained. I thought about it, and I said "Fine, I accept." Callie handed me a sheet of paper, a flight ticket, and said "Here is your information for your new school, like the address, your new profile because we changed your name, and your flight ticket, which will be a week and a half from today." Marina added, "Don't forget to call us every Friday after school, Three!" After that chat, we all bid farewell, and the idols left Octo Canyon.

"What's your new info, Three?" Four asked. I held out the paper in front of Four and Eight, and they looked interested. "Your new name is Theo Kuromiya, and you're going to U.A." Eight quoted. "And you're going to Japan! C'mon, Three, you need to pack up ASAP!" Four continued. We all rushed to my place to pack up and seemed like they were pretty excited.