Chapter 9: Tempted to Tell

I entered the boy's bathroom, so I could shower. I entered the shower, untied my tentacles, and blasted Wet Floor music out of the waterproof speaker I brought along with me. I opened the shower and made the water warm. "There's nothing better than a warm shower after an exhausting exam." I thought to myself. I turned off the shower after a few minutes, tied some of my tentacles up, and turned off my speaker. I changed into comfortable clothes and made my way to my room. While going to the elevator, Asui looked at me and complimented me "Hey, Kuromiya, I never saw you with your hair down." "Thanks, and you can call me Theo." I called back to her. I entered the elevator to go back to my room.

I entered my room to talk to the idols and agents on the phone, and they picked up. I talked to them for a while, they seemed quite worried more when I stayed longer here in Japan. Their tune sounds like they don't even trust humans, even though the idols and agents are interested in learning about them.

It was 6:37 in the night, and we were 16 minutes into the call. I got a feeling that I trusted Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida so much, that I wanted to tell them that I was an inkling! I told Marie "Hey Marie, I have a question for you." "What is it, Three?" Marie questioned me. I took a deep breath and asked her "I wanted to ask you if I can tell Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida that I am an inkling?" There was an awfully long silence after I asked that. "What did I say back here at Octo Canyon?" Marie interrogated me. "I know, I'm not allowed to tell humans about inkling culture, but I trust them. I knew them for four months, so please let me." I replied to Marie's question.

"But Three, what about your promise?" Eight asked in the background. I realized MY promise I had to keep. I can't believe I want to break it right now. I argued with the idols and the other agents about whether I'm going to tell my friends' that I am an inkling or not for a pretty long time. "You know what? I'm going to tell them no matter what you say!" I yelled at Marie. "Don't you dare..." Marie tried to tell me, but I hung up.

I put my head down on my study table for a few minutes. I felt heartbroken because I never argued with them with my two and a half years I was an agent. I checked my phone, and it is 7:14. I tied up my remaining tentacles and put on my orca hi-tops. I went down to the common area to eat dinner with Midoriya, Uraraka, Iida, and Eri. I just ate three tempura sticks out of my eight sticks for dinner. "Hey, Theo, are you okay?" Eri asked me. I responded with "Yeah, I'm okay. Something happened to Marie and me" "What happened?" Midoriya queried me. I sighed and told him " When the time is right. But for now, let's not talk about it." We talked about the League of Evil during dinner. Eri got scared, but I was able to comfort her while we were talking about them.

It was 9:26 at night. I already brushed my teeth and got changed. I decided to go out on my small porch until 9:30 to admire the beauty of the school. The more I stayed out on the porch, the more I regret asking if I could tell Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida that I am an inkling. Someone has to know anyway. Before I knew it, it was 9:33. I went into my room, shut my porch door, went on my bed, and cried myself to sleep. I know it's not a "manly" thing to do, but I felt terribly heartbroken after that call with the idols and the other agents.