You're just a kid

Walking back, Tommy froze. His body hearing a familiar voice.

"Now, Bakugou, do not tell me you don't like my company," Wilbur spoke.

Tommy had to shake this feeling, he was safe here. His new friends said they would help him. With a deep breath, he began to walk again.

"Oh, Tommy!" Wilbur smiled seeing Tommy, "How is my brother?" Bakugou turned, keeping Wilbur within his sight

"Don't call me your brother." Tommy glared, "but I'm fine."

Wilbur froze from that, how could Tommy think that? He was always the one to remind people they were brothers. He loved Wilbur, what happened? Wilbur made sure these thoughts did not affect his emotions. "Well, Bakugou was just walking me around. I will be staying after here for a while."

Tommy looked to Bakuogu, "He's staying?"

"He is, but he can't go anywhere alone and he technically can't be near you or Tubbo." Bakugou responded.

Tommy gave Bakugou a more relaxed look. Bakugou simply smiled at Tommy, he was going to protect this boy with his life. He failed at keeping Midoryia safe. Everything he had done to Midoryia haunts him.

"Tommy, where do you go every day?" Wilbur asked, "You seem to disappear every time I have time to leave my room."

"Can I not have time to myself?" Tommy looked at Wilbur, his eyes narrowing.

"Of course, you can. However, can I not spend time with my family? You and Tubbo did vanish for weeks. Everyone was worried." Tommy was taken aback by that. Why would they be worried? They gave Tommy the impression they hated him. "Tommy, Phil, and Techno got word of you missing. They came to Manburg, looking for you."

Tommy stepped back from that. Wilbur formed a twisted smile, he knew that would get to him. "I'm tired." was all Tommy could muster the courage to say. Pushing past Bakugou and Wilbur, he made his way to the dorms and to his room. He ignored everyone that spoke to him.

"Techno and Phil... they got worried." Tommy muttered to himself, "no, they would not be worried. I chose to be on my own. That I can handle the responsibilities of life."

"But your just a kid." Aizawa was now standing at the now. Kirishima had called for him after seeing how upset Tommy looked," Can I sit?" He gestured to the office chair next to Tommy, who was sitting on the bed. Tommy gave a small nod. Aizawa calmly walked to the chair and sat down, "You're a kid, Tommy. You shouldn't tell yourself that able to handle the responsibilities of life. That can only happen through experiences and learning from them."

"No, I can handle it! I've been handling it for a while." Tommy protested.

"But that doesn't make it right." Aizawa's tone began to show worry and care, "Tommy, you are my student. Yes, one day you will disappear and go back to your world. Then that would mean you are back to your old life, that I would never be able to see you again. However, until then, you are under my care. Under my protection." Tommy stared at Aizawa, he truly felt safe here. "Now, I need to know, did Wilbur make you this upset?"

"Yes, he started going on about my old family. Saying how they were worried because I went missing."

"Do you believe that?" Aizawa's eyes were gentle as he looked at Tommy. He knew this child had endured a lot of trauma for his age.

"I don't! They never cared about me when I was there! Like, they were the ones that made me hide my wings!" Tommy's eyes began to swell with tears. He never truly realized how hurt he was by this. Most of the time, he played it off as if it was nothing.

"You have wings?" Aizawa sounded surprised but quickly hid it for Tommy.

"Yeah, I have the bound though."

"Can I see them?"