At the bar

This fic will be Damien from the actual video "Damien" Rather then the "Who killed markiplier" series.

~Female reader x Damien~

You moved into town on only a couple of weeks ago ,the town pretty abandoned and seeming quiet. You stayed there in your small apartment alone ,deciding to drive around one day and get familiar with this strange cozy town. You found the first local bar ,having a need for a drink or two you park your car in the almost empty parking lot. Your boots crunching in the snow as you stepped out your car ,zipping up your huge old bomber jacket. Locking your car you walked into the bar ,there was a few more people there then you expected. Having a small poker area on the left side of the bar and a big bar on the right ,pulling one of the stools from under the counter and sitting down while looking around. The bartender was a scrawny looking guy he cleaned out glasses before noticing you. Walking over with a bit of a surprise expression ,you finally spoke up. "I just want a simple beer of any kind." Nodding in understanding he went to the back to find a cold beer.

Once he got back with it you immediately started chugging it down ,nearly chocking as you whipped beer off of your mouth with your jackets sleeve. It was quiet in this bar ,the atmosphere peaceful ,it was perfect in a strange way. Before the bell to the entrance of the bar jingled ,you didn't pay it any mind staying in your own zone. Then the mystery person sat about two stools away from you ,glaring in his direction. He was a big husky man ,he panted lightly seeming to just come back from doing work ,or excersizing in some way.

He had shoulder length dark brown silky hair ,he wore a jacket over a white turtle neck ,along with some baggy pants. You nervously looked away catching yourself staring for a little to long. "Long time no see." The bartender said to the man ,while pouring a small glass of whiskey and sliding it over to the man. "Yeah well, I kinda couldn't find this place for a while........" his voice was deep and rough. He sounded tired ,his voice made you feel safe in a way. Though you didn't even know the guy ,he seemed like your type like it mattered anyway. You had given up on dating since moving out of your state.

Drinking the rest of your beer you where getting ready to leave realizing that it was only getting later and later. "Ma'am mind if I buy you one more drink before you take your leave?" That voice said ,a little startled by him all of a sudden your face warmed up a bit as you sat back down and shook your head shyly. He gave you a small smile while taking a seat next to you ,"So your new around here? I would only guess......... but how?" His questions were odd making you slightly uncomfortable, before you and him caught sudden eye contact. His eyes where dark brown ,but there was a hazy glow about them. Like he was in a whole other world aside from sitting there and talking to you. "Sorry ,I probably shouldn't be asking all these sudden questions.........haha hi I'm Damien." He said while sticking out his hand for a hand shake ,taking it silently it was soft against yours and heavy. "I'm Y/N........."

"Y/N ,your quite the shy one aren't you?" Chuckling lightly, you blushed while opening the beer he bought you and taking a huge gulp. He kept staring at you with a light grin on his face as if he had achieved a goal. Glaring at him awkwardly he cleared his throat and looked away in a light fluster. He was cute though he didn't have the looks of a cute person he acted that way though ,and his scruffy tough look was pretty attractive. Though he did need a hair cut you didn't mind his company ,that day when the both of you first met only turned into a lingering friendship.

He did most of the talking obviously but, you liked this being able to hear his voice. As weeks turned into months holidays obviously came and went. Going to the bar earlier then usual there was warning of heavy snow and hail damage. Going into the bar there was hardly anyone there probably because of the holidays ,Thanksgiving. Asking for a few shots from a bit of a stressful week ,your patience grew thin as the evening went to night. You guessed he wasn't coming today then ,he suddenly barged in the door snow all over his clothes and hair as he brushed it off while glaring at you and smiling.

"I won't keep you at the bar for long ,you probably have plans for today." Shrugging trying to brush off the truth ,you stared at him as he stared back. Before clearing his throat, the both of you always finding yourself lost in each others eyes. "Damien ,its late. I know your sister is probably waiting for at home. So don't waist your time on me." Speaking harshly, you hoped he didn't take it as you being mean ,but just being truthful with him.

~The next day~

It had seemed that the snow had only gotten worse ,driving close to the bar. You where trying to decide if it would be safe to go in. Before noticing Damien through the blizzard, you quickly drove towards him. You honked on your horn, he noticed you and quickly approached the car and got in. Panting while quickly closing the door ,he whipped ice off of him. As you see his face was pale and white from being so cold. "Do you want me to drive you home?" You asked unconsciously ,"No we won't make it from here ,plus Celine already told me not go out today so I can avoid her nagging for a little while."

He teased while laughing at himself a bit ,his cockiness always made you cringe but smile at the same the time. You ended up bringing him to your home ,your apartment messy but he didn't seem to mind. Even though you still tried to make the place look decent. "So you live alone?........ Must be nice." He smiled while wandering around the living room ,then the kitchen. Taking off his jacket as you followed he had on a black tight sweater today ,you had never seen him without his coat on. He looked hot ,the thought made you randomly blush as you tried to get the thought out of your head so you could stop blushing. "I'm surprised you didn't go out of town for the holidays." He mumbled while tying his hair back in a low man bun. "Me and my family aren't as close anymore ,so I'm by myself most of the time." You shrugged it off as always but Damien stared at you a bit of sadness in his eyes as you took off your jacket and boots. "Its not that serious ya know ,so don't stress about me. I-I'll be fine........ I've made it this far." Suddenly he hugged you in comfort ,the sudden approach shocked you but you ended up hugging back. "That's why your so different from everyone else in this town ,your always alone. And you think these things are ok ,and you say your ok. When your not. Only a true human being would lie. Guess your really not just a figment in this strange place." A true human being? What was he talking about? He did this often talked in riddles, but you never could bring yourself to think about his words. Hugging him tightly he smelled smokey like fresh smoke from a chimney. His natural smell the one you adored ,"Are you ok?" You asked gently as he broke the hug to look down at you.

"Would you be mad at me if I kissed you?"