Part 7

"Hyung." JB called as he entered the kitchen. Mia had insisted on sleeping with Jinyoung so Mark was in the kitchen going over some documents. Hearing JB he looked up. "What's up?" He asked noticing the letters tense features.

"I wanna ask you something." Mark nodded signalling for him to continue looking back at the documents. "About Mia." Mark looked up at him. "Mia?" JB nodded. "It might be my imagination but it's just that Mia looks nothing like you." Mark frowned.

"Hyung I don't mean to offend you, it's just..." Mark cut him off  "You're right. Mia looks nothing like me. I'm not her birth father." JB looked at him confused. What does that mean.

"Olivia, Mias mother was my childhood best friend and neighbour. We grew up together. When I moved to Korea her family came with us. A year after we had moved here Liv went missing. She turned up at my parents house crying and a mess. She told them everything that happened but we couldn't find the bastard who did this to her. She was traumatised. Her parents were disgusted. They blamed her. 2 months later we found out she was pregnant. She was 18. Her parents moved back to LA and disowned her. Liv was devastated but she couldn't kill her child. So we decided that if anyone asked I was the father."

Mark took a deep breath as he continued. "One day I got a call from Liv. She was on the phone with me when she had an accident. I was nearby so I rushed to the hospital as the ambulance arrived. She was crying and begged the doctor to save Mia. Liv died making sure her daughter was safe. I told the doctors I was the father. JYP knew about this all along and supported me through it all."

By now Mark was crying remembering his promise to keep Mia safe. He might not have been her birth father but he loved her more than anyone else in the world. JB hugged his hyung who sobbed. 

Once Mark had calmed down JB spoke up "Will you tell the others?" Mark nodded "They should know."

So that night after Mia had fallen asleep Mark told the boys everything. From Liv to Mia. "Having my surname, Mia can live peacefully. Liv tried to talk to her parents but they don't want Mia. I didn't have any other choice." The boys understood why Mark did this.

To him Mia was a reminder of his best friend. Mia was his daughter and no one could change that. It didn't matter if he wasn't her birth father. What mattered was he loved her more than anyone else in the world could.