Chapter 20: The Raiders

Meanwhile, Din remained standing next to the bantha with the dragon charging towards him. My eyes widened as he remained standing in the way of the dragon. I need to help him, but before I could ran towards him, I felt a strong grip around my arm. I whipped around to see it was Cobb.

"No, Delmira. Mando wanted you to stay here." Cobb reminded me.

We were then forced to watch as the dragon swallowed both the bantha and Din. I fell onto my knees as I watched with great agony as the Krayt dragon dived into the ground. My heart clenched as I reached out to the Force, trying to sense him.

"Dad!" Kaytia cried out.

She tried to run towards where the dragon took Din, but Cobb reached out, grabbing her in time. Cobb grabbed her arm, pulling her back. I placed a hand on the ground, sensing the dragon was still alive underneath us. And to my surprise, I felt Din as well. At that moment, the entire ground shook before the dragon emerged high up in the air. Once it opened its mouth, Din flew out and high up in the air before the explosives went off, killing the foul creature. The dragon was about to collapse on many of townspeople and the Tusken Raiders. They let out cries as they tried running away. They weren't going to make it.

I extended out my hands towards the dragon as I reached out to the Force. Once I connected with my surroundings, I focused on the body of the dragon, stopping it just inches before it could hit us. I glanced over to see Kaytia by my side, using the Force helping me stop the dragon. Together, we used all our strength, throwing the dragon far away from us. I turned towards Kaytia, making sure she was all right.

"Are you all right?" I questioned.

Kaytia nodded. "I'm fine, mom. I'm strong with the Force, just like you."

I smiled, feeling my heart warm at her words. I then saw Din, his armor covered in the dragon's acidic venom, walking towards us. Kaytia's eyes widened as she saw Din. She rushed towards him. "Dad!"

I watched with a smile as Kaytia and Din hugged. It was like we were all one happy family. Din's gaze then turned towards me as he let go of Kaytia. Once Din approached me, I rushed into his embrace, wrapping my arms around him, forgetting about the dragon's venom. As soon as we pulled away from the hug, I balled my hands into fists, remembering what Din had done.

"What were you thinking?! Diving into the Krayt Dragon?! You could've gotten yourself killed!" I snapped.

"I'm sorry, cyar'ika. I should've said something to you." Din mentioned. "I didn't mean to leave you in the dark. I knew you wouldn't have approved."

"You're kriffing right. Oh but I'm so glad, you're all right, min larel!" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry, it'll take a lot more than a Krayt dragon to kill me." He assured me.

I cracked a smile. "That the Force for that."

The townspeople and the Tusken Raiders cheered, happy that the dragon was dead. As the Tusken Raiders dug into the meat, one of them gave Din a portion of meat. We made our way to the speeders, where Cobb approached us.

"Sorry, I didn't have time to explain." Din apologized.

"No need. This was well-earned." Cobb replied as he handed Din the helmet and armor.

"It was my pleasure." Din mentioned as they shook hands.

"I hope our paths cross again." Cobb commented.

"As do I." Din said.

"Oh, and you tell your people I wasn't the one who broke that." Cobb responded with a smile on