Chapter 36: Old Ghosts

"She said drop your blaster. You better do what she says, Imp." Cara warned.

"No, no. You listen to me." The pilot retorted. "This is a top tier target of the New Republic. This is a clone engineer. And if they find out that he's dead because of you, you're gonna wish you never left Alderaan."

Cara tensed at the pilot's words, making him chuckle. "I saw the tear. You wanna know what else I saw?"

"If I were you, I'd shut up and lower the blaster." I protested.

"I saw your planet destroyed. I was on the Death Star, perhaps Lady Noxia here can tell you all about that." The pilot informed her, ignoring my warning.

I glared at him. Oh he was gonna regret his words. I narrowed my eyes at the pilot, prepared to kill him. Fortunately, I had Din with me to keep me in check. He placed a hand on my shoulder, helping me calm down.

"Which one?" Cara shot back.

The pilot let out a mocking laugh. "You think you're funny? Do you know how many millions were killed on those bases?"

"Drop your blaster." Cara insisted.

"As the galaxy cheered?" The pilot continued.

"Last chance." Cara warned.

"Destroying your planet was a small piece to pay to rid the galaxy of terrorism." The pilot retorted.

Cara fired, shooting the pilot in the face. As he collapsed onto the floor, Dr. Pershing let out a scream, looking terrified as he clutched in ear. Cara then stormed out, returning to Boba's ship. I walked over towards Dr. Pershing.

"Come on, Doctor." I urged.

He willingly went along with Din, Ani, and me. As soon as we returned to Boba's ship, Fennec spoke up. "Where to next?"

Everyone turned to look at Din and me. I exchanged a look with Din. What Din said next baffled me. "We need Bo-Katan."

After I managed to locate where Bo-Katan was, I gave the coordinates to Boba. Once we arrived on the planet filled with large refineries, Boba, Din, and I left the ship, making our way to the cantina, which had many starships outside. There we found Koska and Bo-Katan sitting at a table with their helmets on the table. They both looked at us.

"I need your help." Din mentioned.

"Not all Mandalorians are bounty hunters. Some of us serve a higher purpose." Bo-Katan retorted.

"They took our kids." I informed them.

This got Bo-Katan's attention. She furrowed her brows. "Who?"

"Moff Gideon." Din answered.

"You'll never find him." Bo-Katan replied.

With that, both Bo-Katan and Koska turned back to face their table, where their bowls of food and drinks lied. Boba turned to face us. "We don't need these two. Let's get outta here."

We then turned around, prepared to leave. But before we could leave, Bo-Katan's voice rang out. "You are not a Mandalorian."

As soon as we turned around, I noticed her piercing gaze was on Boba. Boba scoffed. "Never said I was."

"I didn't know sidekicks were allowed to talk." Koska taunted.

Boba let out chuckle before making his way towards Koska. "Well, if that isn't the Quacta calling the Stifling slimy."

Koska immediately stood up, glaring at Boba. Boba remained unfazed by Koska. "Easy there, little one." 

"You'll be talking through the window of a bacta tank." Koska warned.