Chapter 39: Training With Ahsoka

Leia brought Ani and me into the apartment and into the living room, where we sat on the couches. The living room had a few couches, a table, and a singing lamp that was in the corner of the room, since Leia hated it, but it was given to her as a wedding gift. There was also a hologame table, clari-crystal windows, a few smaller tables with disk shaped lamps, and a few elegant chairs. There on the couch, I continued crying with Leia beside me with a hand on my back, trying to comfort me. Once I finished crying, Leia spoke up. "Now tell me, Mira. What's wrong and where's Kaytia? And your boyfriend?"

I was taken back by her words. "How do you know about that?"

"Han and Chewy told me." Leia mentioned.

My heart clenched. Well, he wasn't my boyfriend anymore, I let him go. I had to...it was the Jedi way. Ahsoka's words had finally made sense, and I didn't want to fall back into my old ways...into my old life.

"I had to let him go." I croaked out.

Leia looked at me as though I had grown a second head. She then blurted out. "You did what?!"

"I had to." I replied.

"What do you mean you had to?" She inquired.

Knowing I'd have to explain what happened nearly this entire year in order for her to understand. I hadn't realized that I spent almost a year with Din, Grogu, Ani, and Kaytia on the Razor Crest as a family. Leia and Luke already knew about my training with Master Kina Ha. And with that, I informed her of what happened, including finding Din after he rescued Grogu from the Imps, the connection I made with Grogu, falling for Din, finding Kaytia, and how we all became like a family. I then spoke about how an Imp I knew as a child named Gideon took both Grogu and Kaytia, and how the Razor Crest was destroyed.

"Then Din and I got help, making our way into Gideon's cruiser. There, I found an old Inquisitor, Tigris. He's one of the last Inquisitors that survived." I explained. "He wanted revenge on me after I left him to die. He threatened to hurt Kaytia and Grogu, and unfortunately, I gave into the dark side, using my rage against him..."

"And did you kill him?" Leia questioned.

I gave her a grim look. "Yeah, I did...I didn't realize what I had done until the damage was done. That's why I had to separate myself from Din."

"And what of Grogu and Kaytia?" Leia inquired.

"They're both safe with Luke. He's gonna train them." I mentioned. "And I'm afraid my training's far from done."

"What will you do then?" She asked.

At that moment, Ben walked into the living room, looking around with curious brown eyes. He was only four, but he was quite intelligence and strong in the Force. His eyes lit up when he saw me. "Auntie Mira!"

"Hello there, little verd." I greeted.

Leia didn't know Mando'a, but she knew what it sounded like. She looked at me, rather surprised. "You know Mando'a?"

"Yeah, Master Ha taught me..." I trailed off.

But Din taught me more Mando'a. My heart clenched. Could I truly forget about Din...after everything we've been through? Tears filled my eyes as Leia walked over towards Ben.

"My little angel." She said before picking him up.

Leia returned to the couch, sitting down next to me. Ben looked over at Ani, seeing him standing on the ground beside me. Ani glanced over at Ben, inspecting him with a curious look. We watched as Ben reached a hand out towards Ani. As Ben connected with Ani, Ani stuck out his tongue before licking Ben, causing him to giggle.