Ch. 46

Longer chapter this time.

Hope you enjoy!

"We bring gifts." Harley brushed through the open door, a small bag hanging from his arm.

"We don't bring gifts. I bring gifts," Peter said indignantly. "Because I am a great child. You bring nothing but trouble."

"He's correct." Tony grinned at the two, his smile softening. "Hey Pete. I hear you two watched Tangled without me."

"His fault," Harley said quickly. "My vote was for Legally Blonde."

"You love Tangled," Peter said dryly. "Shut up. I've got breakfast."

Tony clapped his hands together gleefully, hiding a wince at the movement. "Bring it over."

"I found the German version of biscuits and gravy," Peter started, but was quickly interrupted.

"Where's my biscuits and gravy?" Harley folded his arms petulantly, sinking onto the edge of the bed.

"I brought you strawberry strudel, you big baby." Peter pulled out a plastic container, handing it to his dad. "Here you go. Spoon's inside."

With a grateful smile, Tony took a bite.

Harley pouted.

Peter pretended not to notice, dropping his backpack at the side of the bed.

Harley stuck out his bottom lip.

Peter ignored him.

Harley sighed heavily.

Finally, Peter turned back, unable to hide the smile any longer. "See, I knew you'd do this."

Harley turned to face the window, struggling to hide the smile threatening to break through.

He managed it for approximately ten seconds, just long enough for Peter to hold another plastic container under his nose.

"That's why I got you some too."

He grinned widely, tipping his head back to see Peter standing behind him. "You're amazing."

"I know." Peter shrugged one shoulder, his smile soft. "Eat up."

He turned back to Tony, who was watching the pair fondly. "What's new with Rhodey?"

Tony smiled tightly, running his right hand over his face. "He'll be transferred to a hospital upstate, where we can all be close to him, but still be at home most of the time. We need to get you two back to school."

"No hurry," Harley chimed in. "I hate math."

"As I was saying, the recovery's going to be long and hard, but in time, he'll regain some feeling. Most likely never walk again by himself, but I'll make some prosthetic braces to help with that."

"We'll help with that." Peter sat on the bed, legs crossed. "Some young, fresh perspectives might be useful."

"Are you calling me old?"

"We aren't calling you young," Harley said cheerfully- far too cheerfully.

"Absolutely not," Peter agreed. "Wouldn't dream of it. We would never insult you like that."

Tony stared at them, deadpan, before giving a rueful shake of his head. "I walked right into that one."

"You really did."

"Like a fly into a spiders web."

Harley laughed suddenly, shaking his head. "An accurate metaphor."