Chapter One

"You've just woke up, don't tell me you've died already?" A voice groaned in exacerbation, my eyes flew open and what crouched before me confused me, like, holy shit their nose is long.

"Ah, so you are alive, c'mon, we need to get to the village before nightfall." They grabbed my arm and pulled me up onto my shaky legs, " good, you can stand, that means you can ride. Quickly now." I was gently pulled along behind this stranger before we came across two white fluffy creatures. I must've let my confusion show because the stranger chuckled,

"Damn, they were right about you guys not knowing anything when you first woke up. These are llamas, they are used for travel and protection. I use mine for protection and company." He gently pet one of the llamas on the neck. "Alright, up you go." He plopped me gently onto the back of one of the llamas, the blue and gold covering was surprisingly soft, he then grabbed the leads before guiding us to the village.

"My name is Anki (Ahn-key), may I ask of yours?" I looked up from scratching the llamas neck, "(y/n). That's all I remember.", "ah, so you can speak, well, it is nice to meet you, (y/n)." I hummed in response, a small smile dancing on my lips.

*Time skip, bitches*

Anki had led me to a village as promised, along the way he placed a thin blanket over my shoulders as I dosed, the high walls surrounding the village making it seem safe and protected. "Hey, Wander. Who you got there?" Anki paused and glanced towards the guard.

"Just a spawn, found them at the edge of the dark oak. Thought that the clerics could look at 'em and make sure they're okay." The guard gave a quiet 'huh, okay.' before giving a signal to another guard. Soon after the gate began to open, when it was fully opened Anki began to lead the llamas plus me into the village.

"Why did the guard call you 'Wander'?" I asked Anki, "They know me as The Wandering Trader, not Anki, as you do." I hummed before Anki stopped in front of a large stone building, "This is where the clerics are, and where we must part, just walk in and they will help you." Anki helped me off the llama before helping me to a small wall that I could lean my weight on if need be.

"I wish you safe travels." I smiled, "Same to you, thank you, for all you've done." He gave a curt nod before leading his llamas away towards what I presume is the town center.

I turned my attention to the large stone building in front of me, I gave an anxious sigh before slowly making my way to the door.

I knocked on the door, I wasn't just gonna barge in because that's rude. The door opens after a minute, a man who looks similar in stature to Anki pokes his head out. He looks left to right before spotting me, a shocked look crosses his face before he gently reaches for my hand to help me into the building.

I place my hand into his before he leads me through the door. My eyes widened at how homey it felt on the inside, a calming sky blue carpet ran on the floor, a warm brown wood made up the walls. Paintings and items hung on the walls, chests with signs on them were placed on the left wall.

I was led to a room towards the back of the building, "wait here, please, I'm going to get my master, he can help you properly." He left me in the room.

I made my way to the bed, it had red sheets and looked really fucking comfy, I was going to take off my shoes before realizing I don't have shoes on. My feets were dirty.

I started to feel bad because I don't know what I've stepped in, and I haven't been paying attention to that.... Ewwy.

I tried to find something to wipe my feet off with but the door opened while I was in front of a dresser that had a painting over it, I quickly tried to make it look like I was studying the picture instead of snooping for a rag.

"So, you weren't lying." A low voice grumbles, "Hello, dear, I am Druce, the master cleric. Please, sit down while I gather what I need." I turned and studied Druce's appearance for a moment, he had green eyes and gray hair that was balding on the top along with a gray beard, I walked to sit down on the edge of the bed, the mattress sunk slightly when I sat down. I had to restrain myself from flinging myself completely onto the bed.

Druce walked back into the room with a small bag. "I'm just checking whether you are healthy or not, I'm not going any further." He rumbled calmly. He then proceeded to check my eyes, ears, throat, mouth, just an all around general check up.

After the check up he pulled out two glass bottles, one with magenta liquid in it and the other one with bright red.

I arched my brow before asking, "what are those?" His eyes flicked to my form before going back into the bag and pulling out something wrapped in paper, "the magenta potion is regeneration and the bright red one is healing." I cocked my head to the left, "aren't those the same things?" I asked while he handed me the potions, "no, the healing fills your health up in bulk and the regeneration makes sure you keep healing." I looked down at the bottles in my hands while making a 'huh' noise.

I chugged the healing potion first, it tasted like watermelon, then I drank half of the regen potion before gagging, "ugh, it tastes like sadness and broken dreams." Druce chuckled, "Never heard it described that way, but that is what the bread is for. Now drink up, half a potion gives half the effect and we don't want that."

I managed to get the rest of the potion down, hoping I wouldn't throw up, Druce gave me the bread and I unwrapped the paper from it before taking a huge bite.

I could feel the potions working through my body, healing the sunburns and any cuts I got on the way here. I wrapped the paper around the remaining half of bread while swallowing what I had in my mouth, "Thank you, for helping me." Druce gave a smile, his eyes crinkling in the corners, "It was no problem, clerics are the healers in villages. Now, I have other patients. This will be your room for the night." He stood up after putting everything, except the bread, back into his bag.

He wiped down his purple and gold robes before leaving the room, he bid a 'good night' while shutting the door. When he left I jumped back up to snoop again, my nasty feet are still dirty. I opened a door and saw a bathroom, it just had a small tub, toilet and sink.

The main door opened again making me jump in my skin, "oh, I see you've found the bathroom." I turned and saw a woman holding a pile of clothes. She had long black hair pulled back into a low ponytail, her green eyes shining with curiosity, "I was told to bring you some new clothes, since, y'know those ones are ripped up." I gave a small smile,

"Thank you, I was just wondering what I would put on after a bath, great timing." She giggled before handing me the clothes, "I hope they fit, just find me if they don't, I'll be in the main room making potions. Oh, and my name is Genaveve, but you can call me Gena." I gave a nod, "mine is (y/n)." Gena smiled in return before leaving.

I sighed, placing the boots onto the floor before heading to the bathroom, there were two different outfits, a nightgown and something I can wear tomorrow.

I turned on the faucet for the tub and peeled off my clothes while it filled up, the shirt was a teal color and the pants a deeper blue, both were badly ripped along the edges.

When the tub filled up I eased myself in, getting comfy before getting lost in thought. The water was cold by the time I zoned back in, I quickly washed my body and my nasty feets before getting out and drying myself off.

The nightgown was surprisingly comfortable and hung loosely around my form. I looked in the mirror, an outwardly feminine body with soaking (h/l) (h/c) hair stared back, their (e/c) eyes were tired and their (s/c) skin was faintly bruised with small scars.

I smiled at my reflection before flicking a lever and the lamp turning off. The bed was calling my name so I gave in and pulled the covers back before giving into the beds comforting hold.

I realized that the light was still on and that the switch was by the main door. I groaned before getting up and trudging over to the switch and flicking it off, it was still dimly lit in the room which was very comfortable.

So, I sprinted back to the bed and climbed back in, getting settled again. I close my eyes and drift into darkness.