Chapter Three

I leaped back and whipped out my sword before looking for the voice. A dark figure sat at the base of the tree, "I really scare you that much, geez, you looked like you had a few adventures under your belt." The person ran their hand, claw thing over their head.

"What are you?" The creature sighed, "I'm an Enderman." I heard about Endermen off handedly from overhearing some villagers talking about them, I think they were retired guards.

"I heard that Endermen were hostile, why haven't you attacked me yet?" I asked as I resheathed my sword. "What's the use attacking another kind when your own don't even want you." I went slack, "what?" The Enderman lifted his arm, it was black but had random warm gray splotches all over it, I noticed that the splotches appeared all over his body.

"I have vitiligo, the first Enderman to have it in thousands of years, her majesty called me a disaster and a freak of nature before exiling me from the End." I looked at him in shock. "That's, oh, I don't know how to respond properly." I sat next to him, "... My name's (y/n), what's yours?" He looked down at me, his purple eyes showing confusion, "My name is Leroy." I pat Leroy's knee, "nice to meet cha Leroy!" I smiled and his eyes crinkled showing that he was smiling too.

"So why haven't you left the tree yet?" He asked, I laughed, "I just don't like the rain, it's a new feeling." I stuck my hand out in the raindrops, before pulling it back in and shaking it, "Endermen get hurt by water." I froze and turned to him, I quickly started wiping my hand on my pants leg.

I then stood up and started pulling off my shawl, I held it out to Leroy along with the scarf, "what are you doing?" I shook the clothes, "letting you wear these so that we can make it to the white trees, you're gonna be my friend." He stood up and took the clothes before putting them on, they were shorter on him because of how tall he is but because of how thin he was it layered on thicker.

I motioned that he lower himself so I could reach his head, he kneeled and I placed the scarf over his head, essentially making a hood. "Why are you helping me?" He asked as he stood up, I smiled up at him, "that's what friends are for."

"I've never had friends before." I patted his arm, "then I'll be your first!" I then turned to the sheets of rain, "okay, let's just run to each tree so that we can rest." He looked down at me before he grabbed my hand and my world became blurry.

"Ho- shit!" I purged the contents of my stomach onto the ground while Leroy rubbed my back, "sorry, I think I should've warned you."
"YA THINK!!".

~time skip, and more nausea~

"Okay, we're here." Leroy let my hand go and sat down at the base of one of the white trees, "do you know what these trees are called?" I asked as I took off my bag and sat down against a tree so that I was facing the Enderman.

He lifted his claws to rub the bark of the tree, "I believe they are called birch trees. They have beautiful pale wood, I've heard that they are great to use in the Tundras." He scratched off a piece of bark, and handed it to me. I held the bark and examined it, "it kinda looks like you but with the colors reversed." He stared at the wood before staring at his arm, he scratched the back of his neck, "I guess it does, I never noticed that."

I pulled out some food from my bag, I held out a pork chop wrapped in a small piece of leather. Leroy smiled gratefully before grabbing it and nibbling on it, I pulled out one for myself and started munching.

We just stared out at the rain while we ate.

It was peaceful hanging out with this abnormal Enderman.

~time skip, brought by, Leroy~

We made it through the birch forest before we finally found a nice place to build a base, it was a crevice at the base of a mountain. The mountain hung over the small cave, it felt safe, it felt like it would be home.

I put down my bag next to a tree and then pulled out my axe from my pant loop, and started chopping wood.

It took so long to get the foundation down that the sun started going down, "we need to find shelter." I looked over at Leroy, "what do you mean?" He sighed and walked over to me before slinging me over his shoulder, and bringing me to the mountain wall.

"You got dirt?" I looked at him confused, "do you even know how to access your inventory?" I still gave him a look of confusion. He started grumbling to himself before grabbing my pickaxe and carving into the mountain, I was in shock with the stone turned into a block and got absorbed by Leroy.

He soon carved out a small room and pulled me into it, he had grabbed my bag (cause he smort) and started going through it, "torches, torches, tor- AH HA, Torches." He then stood in a crouch and blocked up the entrance, "wait, what about the light?" He then placed a stick on the ground that lit up and glowed in the small room.

"So, you know NOTHING about how to survive in this world?" I shook my head before taking off my gauntlets and boots, he pulled off the scarf and shawl, he folded them and placed them next to his leg. "So, uh, what's an inventory?" He gave me a look before he flicked his left arm palm up.

I copied him with my non-dominant hand and was thoroughly surprised at the little screen that showed up on my arm, "woah... I can put things in this?!" He nodded. I studied the screen further, I could see the tools in the lowest slots, I saw me in the top left corner. "This is so weird, do you have one?", "yes, but Endermen can't hold as much as spawns can." I furrowed my brow, there's that word again, "what exactly is a spawn? Am I one, cause I've been getting called that left, right and center."

"A spawn is exactly that, someone who spawned into the world instead of getting born into it. Others have come before you. There's always only one spawn in the world at a time, that means the spawn before you must've got too wounded to respawn."

I stared at him, I could finally get a good look at him in the torchlight, his skin was, as I saw before, black with warm gray patches everywhere on his body, his eyes were a sharp magenta but where a light patch touched his eye that part of magenta was a lilac color.

"You have pretty eyes." He stopped searching my bag to stare at me, "oh, thank you? I've never been told that before, but I guess that's because if you look a normal Enderman in the eyes they attack you."

"I heard two guards talk about durability, how do I check that?"

Hey, Angel here, thank you all who have read this so far. I'm gonna see if I can draw everyone that (y/n) has met on their adventure.