The President and The Vice

"Morning,"

"Oh, morning, Tanah,"

The two student councils greet each other. The president has just arrived. He began to sit next to the girl.

"Is everything alright?"

"Huh? Yeah. Almost done,"

"Then let's discuss about our booth for the upcoming event, shall we?"

"Sure,"

The two student councils took out the suggestion from the other members the other day. Tanah was supposed to decide it for them, but he thought it might be better for Shina to give her opinion.

"Now we'll decide how to divide our work,"

"Alright," the girl nodded.

"For the girls, that is, Tiara, Yaya and you, I'll put in charge for cooking. Would you agree to that?"

"Yes,"

"I'll also help in that department, if needed," Tanah offer a soft smile.

"A-alright. I'd appreciate that," Shina responded with another smile.

"O-ok, next," The president tried to focus back to his work, "For Wally and Jo what do you suggest they do?"

"I think they'll do the packing," Shina suggested as she holds her jaw. "Oh, and the quiz too. The packing won't be much work so probably that'll be ok for them,"

"Alright, I'll consider it,"

"So now, Petir," Shina pointed out the only one left. "What's wrong?" The girl tilted up her head to look at the president when he doesn't reply her.

"Hm," he was staring right at the girl.

"W-why?" The Vice felt a bit uncomfortable.

Without saying anything, Tanah pulled out his hand over to the girl.

Shina felt confused now. She doesn't know what to do thus just froze right there.

"Here, something stuck on your hair,"

"Huh?"

Tanah hold something on his hand that looks like dust.

"Eh? Is there more?" Shina's face turned red in embarrassment as she slide her hand to her hair to make the dust fall down.

"Oh no, just this one,"

"Ah, I see," the girl let out a sigh of relief.

"Um, is everything alright, Shina?" The president suddenly asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"No, it's just that you wouldn't usually be that careless," Tanah wondered.

"Oh, that dust was probably from the store. I went there to check some old files. You know how much dust there is there, haha," the girl explained.

"Aah, I see. That explains it," Tanah nodded. There was a bit silence before he begin again, "Do you mind if I ask something, Shina?"

She was hesitant at first but shook her head anyway, "No, you can ask," she smiled.

"Well, I just wonder why you let your hair loose. But if you're not comfortable talking about it, we can drop the topic," Tanah let out a small laugh.

"Oh, this," Shina runs a hand through her hair. "Some probably think that long hair are hard to take care of. So you need to tie it up to prevent it from getting stuck or anything like that,

"But it really depends on the person. To me, tying it up might make them even more knotty so that's why,"

"I see. You really know how to take care of yourself huh? So independent,"

Tanah's words made Shina's face turned deep pink, "Oh, um. Tha-thank you,"

"You're welcome," the boy replied.

A silence suddenly grow between them, "Uh, I think we're out of topic, here," The girl stuttered.

"Oh, yeah. You're right. Sorry about that. It's just that it's nice talking to you. Let's have a chat more next time," he invited. Again, a smile plastered on his face.

"R-right. Let's do that,"

The two then, discuss the rest of the role. There are a bunch more, but it doesn't take much time.

"Do we need to arrange who will go for break first?" The president asked.

"Um, I think no need for that. Let them chose when to have a break themselves,"

"You sure?" The boy put a hand on his jaw. "Our members are limited and I'm afraid they'll go for break every single time they get to,"

"Well, that might be true," she thinks for a second. "Then, maybe we should discuss when they're present. We shouldn't decide that for them,"

"Ah, I do agree with that," he scratched his head. "But, uh..."

The girl stared at the boy, "What's wrong?" She asked as she realized the guy was acting a bit weird.

"Um.." Tanah took a deep breath. Then face the girl. "I know you probably want to hang out with your friends during the break, but if you'll consider, I want to spend time with you too," he smiled at the end.

Shina's head was spinning, her face turned deep red again. She just doesn't expect Tanah to ask her out — basically.

"I-I..." she tried to answer. Seems like she doesn't know how to answer.

"It's fine, you can take time thinking about it. Uh, maybe I was too straightforward. So, just tell me later okay?" His smile doesn't even leave his face.

"O-okay," the girl nodded.

"S-so, last part of our discussion, is about the stuffs we'll be needing,"

"Alright,"

The two then decided that they should divide to two groups. First one will prepare the materials while the other will buy the ingredients.

After a few minutes, they finally end the discussion.

It was when Shina cleared the documents on the table when Tanah spoke up, "Shina, are you going home with your friends today?" He asked.

"Oh," she took a glance at the clock on the wall, "No. I think they already leave,"

"Then, are you fine if I walk you home?"

"I-is it really okay?" She was shocked for the unknown time that evening. But, guess she's used to it now.

"Of course!" Tanah's smile widened. "It's a nice chance to know each other,"

"Alright, if you say so,"

Both of the student councils finished their task in the room before they head out.

They walked together out of the school. It was kinda awkward for Shina at first. She never really thought she could spend more time with the president.

However, Tanah had begin a nice conversation. Thus, Shina started to feel comfortable.

They talked about a lot of stuffs. From siblings, families, responsibilities, schools and many more. Though Tanah tried not to reveal too much about himself and the outside world.

Both Shina and Tanah had enjoyed themselves that evening. Both hoping that, the time could stop so they could continue talking to each other.

***

Romance ÙwÚ
What do you guys think? Did you enjoy the chapter?

And don't forget it's Ying's birthday today!

Have a wonderful day! Ehe :3

❤️ Vote
💬 Comment

Published: 18th December 2020
Edited: 1st August 2021