Twenty-three

It had already been two whole weeks since he saw the other. Taehyung had returned to the hospital, and trying to keep himself as busy as possible.

Jimin had been little distant lately, but nothing major. Might be something to do with the fact that he had an boyfriend now, who he was seeing a lot, and always out on the town, never bringing him around their place.

They haven't talked about it, but Taehyung knows the reason to it, and he can't held it against his very own best friend.

It's something he would also do, if given an opportunity.

"Taehyung!" A familiar voice rings through the break room air, making the blond look up from the journal he had been writing.

"Hey Hyung-Sik, how's work?" He says, smiling to his friend.

Park Hyung-Sik, was a handsome man, working in the hospital's lab. He was one of Taehyung's closest friends, right after Jimin of course.

They have had something in the past, but after messing around couple of times, they knew that they were better off friends than anything more.

It didn't mean tho that they weren't touchy-feely around each other's, many people asking them about their relationship.

"Work's been busy, how's yours?" Hyung-Sik asks, plopping down on the chair next to the blond. Taehyung closes the journal on his lap, putting it in his back before sighing lowly.

"Busy, and lonely" he only murmurs, making the other fling his arm around the blond, pulling him in the tight embrace.

"Oh sweetie, you will find someone" he tries to assure the blond, who just nods, lifting his gaze up meeting the other's eyes.

Time freezes, and Taehyung finds himself leaning towards the other, his eyes moving lower, focusing on the others lips, leaning still little closer.

"Tae..! There is some..." Jimin burst in the room, stopping to stare the two, who jumps away from each other's, blond blushing furiously.

Jimin's expression is slightly displeased, and same time little curious, when he looks over his best friend and the other male in the room.

"What were you doing?" He asks, staring right at the blushing blond. "Nothing!" Taehyung squeaks, stepping away from Hyung-Sik who stands up from his chair. "I need to get back to my work, but it was nice seeing you both" he says, rubbing his neck awkwardly, before stepping past Jimin and speed-walking away.

Jimin chuckles, making Taehyung to lift his eyes from the floor, and looking over him.

"It's been only two weeks since you were so madly in love with Jungkook, now you are kissing another male?"

There is no malice in his voice, only facts, but that's making Taehyung feel even more shitty.
"Didn't kiss, didn't want to" he whispers, loud enough Jimin to hear.

"Well, it quite didn't look like you wasn't going to. If I were you, I would keep thinking about how it looks outside" Jimin says, his words having an unsaid message, which Taehyung doesn't pick up.

Taehyung hangs his head lower, nodding. He feels shameful, but he's not quite understanding why.

Jimin claps his hands, startling him out of his own thoughts. "I almost forgot!"

Taehyung only cocks his head slightly, looking over at his friend, who now had excitement shining in his eyes.

"There is someone who wants to meet you!" Taehyung looks over him questioning, but Jimin only giggles.

"Come on, you will like it."

Smaller of the two takes a firm grip from his friends arm, pulling him with him out of the break room, towards the nurse station.

"Jimin, if this is again one of your..." Taehyung starts, but his sentence is cut short when the dark haired male, dressed in the suit turns over to them and smiles.

Ground is spinning, and he can feel how his knees buckle from the sight of all too familiar male, standing in front of him.

"Hello Taehyung, it's been long." His voice is still the same, and the wrinkles on his eyes when he smiles make him look softer.

Taehyung can feel the tears burn in his eyes when he steps over, pushing himself against the other, wrapping his hands around his middle.

Strong arms wrapped around him, holding him close when he cries. "I'm sorry my boy, that it took this long, but I'm here now" older male whispers, petting his hair, when the blond only manages to get one word out in the middle of his crying.

"Dad"