<Chapter Two>

<Betty's POV>
"Where you at Mr. Grouper?" I said as soon as my homeboy picked up his phone. I was outside his apartment building, watching these bad ass kids run around my car like bats outta hell. "Okay, just cause I'm fat don't mean you gotta do allat. I'm coming down da stairs lil girl."

"Boy you betta calm down befo I leave you, Fat Albert," I said, then hung up.

I saw my homie making his way down the stairs, almost falling over a girl's bicycle left on a random step. He went around the crowd of kids and finally made it into the car. "World War III, goin on out there, bruh," we did our handshake and he pulled on his seatbelt.

I pulled, "Mane, what you doin? Got ya lil seat belt on?"

"Ight, and when you crash da car ian gon go flyin." I started to say sumin but he proceeded to tell me about our latest job. "Ight, so remember how I told you about how I was gon put you on to a little change in ya pocket?" I nodded as we passed up McDonald's and turned down the street towards the light. My Altima went over the large potholes in da street. "Finna tear up my tires," I mumbled. Don't nobody got time to be going to Discount Tire on a Saturday.

"Well, my boss happens to need one mo person to help us out. You can meet her, decide if you wanna make some cash, and then we can do our thang," he proposed. "Ight, what's the address?" I asked nonchalantly. "And for goodness sake, is it gon be some weed there cause my hands won't stay still?"

"Girl, yo weed prolly be havin sumin else in it if it's like that. And yeah, she kind of big on weed, hence our job," he chuckled, "I got a lil sumin doh, if you wanna light up. Lemme tell you bout shorty from last night doh."

"Yeah, cause you never finished tellin me bout dat. She a whole skinny bitch, how she take dat fat nigga dick?" I joked. Murriz smacked his teeth, and rolled down the window. He started lighting up and passed me it first. He also handed me his phone and I let go of the steering wheel, watching the road as carefully as I could. I put the directions into my phone and then passed him back his phone. I finished da whole joint and gave him a lazy smile.

We were here. We were at a mansion somewhere in Galveston, and it was windy outside. "Big ass place," I commented as we got out. I made notice of the four niggas standing at the doorway of the mansion. I didn't look at the place too closely, I didn't want to seem like I was finna spy on her or no shit. I needed to seem cool and collected anyways.

"We ain't goin in...we not important enough for that. She should be gettin here about now." I rubbed my forehead. Texas is hot, and this wind wasn't really helping that much today. "Who y'all waitin fo?" an older dude walked up to us. He was dressed in a uniform like a damn soldier. Wouldn't have guessed he was even in a gang. Ova here lookin more like a terrorist or sum shit.

"Boss," Murriz simply answered.

"Who you? I haven't seen you around before?" the man said. "I sell the ✨products✨," Murriz said with a silly grin. "Mhmm," the man looked him up and down, then turned to me. "Keep him in line." The man went back up to the front door and a black Bentley pulled up.  The car was hardly parked and someone hopped out. "Oh, that's not Boss," Murriz said.  A slender man with caramel skin and a pink, bald head came out.

"I'm here on behalf of Boss, come to the car," the man told Murriz. He turned to me, "Boss had an obligation. So no newbies today. She has to meet you first." I kept a cool composure. "I've done this before," I said in a fake confident tone. "She still needs to meet you," the guy said blandly. I'm sure he had heard that a million times before.

Murriz looked at the car, then at me, "Well, ima be ridin wit him, so I guess you can go on. I'll text you in a few." I sighed and gave him a forlorn wave, before heading back to my car. The front bumper was black, and the rest of the car was a dingy white because of the sand that had swept in a few days ago, also messin with my allergies. It might be a 2005 or something later, not nothing new, and it was definitely preowned. I'd say it was a classic hood car.