<Chapter Four>

<Betty's POV>
I left DaToya's party and saw a call I must have missed from Murriz. I called him back as I left the party with my pizza on my white paper plate and my slice of cake in some foil.

"Yo wassup," he answered.

"I missed ya call," I said, putting my phone in the center part of the car. "Oh yeah..Ight I'm done. Can you swing back by the mansion and pick me up?" I agreed and put the directions back into my phone. I hung up and turned on a random SoundCloud playlist. It said "Mosh", and I pressed shuffle play. I found some new songs I wouldn't even thought I'd like, and made my way to pick up my homie.

Once I got there, I saw him sitting on the curb with a Sonic cup. He shook it and started sucking on the straw as he got up. "It's somebody I want you to meet, B."

"Ight."

He took his phone off of Bubble Witch Saga and put it up. We started walking towards the entrance near the guards. They looked us up and down but kept quiet. One opened the door for Murriz but let it fall when I came through. I just barely got in, but I resisted the temptation to glare at him. I might need his help one day.

The mansion was not some big office or whatever I was imagining. It was simply a mansion with some classy furniture here and there and plenty of encased glass and diamond silhouettes of weapons. A lot of quotes and pictures of money also were around.

Murriz comfortably waited on a fancy bench with cushions. After a moment I sat down and stared at the floor. I started to pull out my phone seeing that this looked like it was becoming a long wait, but Murriz stopped me. "No phones out. No connection in here anyways," he told me. I sighed and resorted to counting the seconds. It was a mind occupying task although I am sure that I was slightly behind.

"Murriz, who's this?"

I looked up to find a girl with brown curly hair and a smirk. "Chill, she isn't for sale," he chuckled. I briefly wondered what it is they did here but I knew my boy Murriz couldn't get me into nothin crazy.

"Aww man," she pouted. "You waitin on Boss?" she asked. I looked down and busied myself studying a glass knife.

"Yeah, is she back yet?"

"Yeah, she came in like fifteen minutes ago."

"Oh," Murriz said.

"You want me to request her presence?" she said in a joking voice. "Hell nahh," Murriz said, clearly not seeing it was a joke, "She'd have me skinned alive if I dared to request her presence. She's a whole mu-

"I'm a whole what, Murriz?" a voice said approaching us.

I looked up to view the voice and saw the girl and Murriz immediately look down. They were treating this girl like she was some sort of divine force. I continued to stare neutrally and her eyes finally met mine. "Who is this, Alayna?"

"Murriz brought her, I do not know, Boss."

"She's my homie, I know you need some people to help with transactions and she's really good at that." Murriz stated at the ground, his face beading with sweat. Was it really that deep? I looked back over at the girl. She was looking at me with a cold gaze, but I saw slight curiosity. Ian finna be nobody bitch. Murriz slightly looked up when it was silent for a moment and saw me looking at his boss.

"Betty," he hissed.

"What?" I asked boredly.

Was the woman actually going to acknowledge Murriz or what? "So, can I make some cash or what?" I asked. The girl and Murriz looked at me wide eyed. I sighed tiredly. If we were going to be communicating through telepathy then I was ready to go home. "Does she speak English?" I whispered to Murriz.

"No, but my pussy does," she smirked. Her face went cold afterwards. "I was just thinking. I suppose you can work for me," she agreed.

"How much do you pay?" I asked, staring at her with the same expression she was meeting me with.

"Depends if you want protection, weapons, weed, or actual cash?"

"Cash," I answered bluntly.

"I pay 500 for every transaction to my people. You get 10 percent of whatever you transact as well unless I'm receiving the product. I also put extra in. I find that good business bonds form with testing out the product with the client or seller," she informed me.

"Can i just do two jobs for you? I'm only doing this to make a little cash to get something," I explained, standing up. Murriz was breathing stiffly and the girl was sweating. "I suppose," the woman said unsurely. "Meet me in my office tomorrow at nine."

"Okay," I agreed. I turned to Murriz, "You ready to go? I'm tired as fuck."

"No cursing here," Murriz whispered. I only looked at him boredly and checked the time on my phone quickly. I have a nod to Murriz's boss and followed him out. Once we made it to my car Murriz began to bawl. "Oh Betty," he cried, "she's prolly gonna have you killed in your sleep tonight. She'll probably get your family too, wipe y'all out. We have to make the most of our time together now."

"Murriz, I did not disrespect her. I just simply was not fooled the way y'all are."

"Betty," he pleaded.

"You want me to drop you off first?"

"No, we need to spend our last hours together."

"Murriz, this is some bull crap, bruh," I rolled my eyes. He turned up my music and attempted to rise an eyebrow. "Hey, I'm tryin out sumin new," I shrugged. "Call your Mom and tell her what you did," he said with no room for argument. "Only to make you happy," I said with a fake smile. "What if she runs into us and crashes our car cause i brought you. What if I lose my job," he said hyperventilating.

"Murriz, I will push you out this car myself if yuun quit, ight?" I promised him.

I called my mom and showed him it ringing. "Hey mama, Murriz was helping me get a job and I disrespected his boss apparently so now he's scared she's gonna come after him and us. So say your last i love you and me and him are gonna spend the rest of the day together. I'd hate to come over there cause I'll bring the boogeyman with me- I mean the assassins."

"Betty, just stay safe. I love you sweety," she said. I hung up and rolled my eyes at Murriz panicking. "Ima get you some Whataburger so you can feel better. Then we can go to the park and gallivant and then you can go home. How bout dat?"

"I'm still nervous," he said, his hands actually shaking. "Look, I'm not making any promises but I will be more respectful tomorrow, ok? Just remember she's your Boss, not mine. Ight?"

"Ight," he said sadly.