<Chapter 17>

<Munae's POV>
My niggas and I finished up at the house and were driving to get something to munch on before we all went home. We were tired as shit and a lot of blood had been spilled. We had proved our point. "Ay, where y'all tryna eat at?"

"The Krusty Krab!" one nigga shouted out.

"Boy if you don't get yo- Where yall wanna eat at?" I asked again. I swear I felt like these niggas were my sons. "We finna eat at McDonald's in a min if y'all don't start actin better," one dude warned. "Ay y'all listen to him," I agreed. I looked down at my phone but saw nothing from Betty. I wonder if she was asleep right now or up watching tv. I could ask my niggas who stalking her house but unless she's in trouble I'll never go to those lengths.

"What bout Five Guys?"

I blushed.

"What bout Whataburger? I'm in a Whataburger mood!" somebody else suggested. "What about Luby's!"

"Ew! Luby's!"

"What bout we eat at Dairy Queen, it's been a minute since I've went there," I suggested quietly. Nobody was going to disagree with Boss. "Yea! Yeah!" they all agreed. We pulled up to Whataburger, somebody ordered for us and we ate in the car. We were all sweaty, some of us covered in blood, others aching with trigger fingers.

After we got done eating, everybody was dropped off at the mansion, I took a shower at my work mansion, then got into my car and let Mrs. Davis know I was on my way home. One of my niggas called just as I pulled up to my house. It was starting to drizzle again and I was slightly annoyed. I didn't have an umbrella on me. Before I got out I'd ask Mrs. Davis to bring me one.

"What's good?"

"We got the report back. The name of the kid was a DaToya Spears. Preteen. African American." I was getting sleepy, rubbing my eyes. "List of relatives she is close with range from an Ehriana Holton to some classmates at her school. Also, a Betty Spears." My eyes popped open wide. "We also saw that Betty Spears works for you..." he trailed off.

"Who is Toyota to Betty?"

"Urm...DaToya, Boss? She's Betty's cousin."

I cursed. "And who is Ehriana Holton?"

"Betty's mother, Boss."

I cursed again. First Murriz, now her cousin. And they're close. "I don't want this getting out at all. Make up some believable excuse. The girl ran away because she couldn't handle her friends doing a mass suicide, I don't care. People need to believe DaToya is alive! This cannot look bad, you hear me!"

I hung up and slapped my face. I started punching myself, screaming out. Damn, Betty's sure gonna hate me now. I paused and smiled.

"I have an emotional bond with her now."

Mrs. Davis tapped my car window. "Is all well, Munae?" I smiled back at her, "Yes ma'am." She held an umbrella over her head as the rain whipped against the car. "Thanks for bringing me an umbrella."

"Oh, I didn't-

I got out and got under the umbrella. I held Mrs. Davis' hand gently and told her about my day. Sometimes I wonder if the fear in her eyes actually is admiration.