Seven

Chapter Text
The next morning Louis is a nervous wreck, he didn't sleep much and he's actually scared of going to school.

"You okay Lou?" Drew asks the next morning as Louis doesn't touch his toast, his stomach in knots.

"Yeah, Fine, just a test today" Louis lies.

"Okay, well I'm sure you'll do fine bud" Drew reassures

"Ready to go Lou?" Harry asks as he rushes in the kitchen, Scott and Edward on his tail.

"Yeah" Louis sighs.

"You haven't eaten" Edward says pointing to the full plate of toast on the bench

"I'll eat at school" Louis says.

The boys don't push

"I'll pick you up after soccer today Okay" Harry says.

Louis nods.

"Also kiddo, our monthly work dinner Is this Friday, we will make an exception for you too see Rhys if you'd like" Scott says.

Once a month the boys have a "work" dinner, it's really a dinner for the boys to get together with their subs or girlfriends that Louis doesn't know about.

Edward and Amy have hit it off and have been dating for two months and he wants to introduce her to the boys as his girlfriend. Harry is also bringing Jax home for the first time, to meet the boys. Scott has been dating Sammy, Amy's work partner and Drew has had a girlfriend for over a year, Vanessa. The boys are all ready to have real relationships and to settle down, apart from Harry.

Louis doesn't know any of this though and assumes they have big execs over to the house to schmooze.

"Um..sure" Louis says quietly

Inside he's freaking out, he doesn't want to see Rhys alone on Friday but there is no way the boys will allow him to see Noah instead.

Louis is quiet most of the drive to school and Harry hates it. He hates Louis being so upset and distance from him.

"Want to talk about anything Bub" Harry asks, hoping the nickname loosens Louis up and he lets Harry in.

Louis looks to Harry and then back out the window, he really doesn't want to talk to Harry about Rhys, especially since Harry rejected him and they haven't even addressed that issue directly, they've just pretended it didn't happen.

Louis doesn't want Harry to think he's useless and pathetic, that he can't hold down a boyfriend. Louis is also frustrated, Harry expects him to talk to him when Harry can't even respect him enough to do the same.

"It's fine, unless you want to talk about getting each other off and pretending it never happened" Louis's says bravely.

Harry is completely taken back, he splutters and doesn't even know what to say. He's shocked. Luckily they pull up to school.

"Saved by the bell" Louis says sassily.

"Louis" Harry tries.

"Forget it Haz, See you after training" Louis says sighing as he gets out of the car.

Harry doesn't leave and instead watches Louis make his way to his group of friends. Harry can't believe Louis brought that up, can't believe he was brave enough to be so sassy in front of Harry. It's true though, Harry knows they haven't discussed it and Harry feels so awful, he thought for Louis sake it was best to try and avoid the situation.

Harry watches as people dote all over Louis, ruffling his hair and smiling and laughing with him. Louis is the light in everyone's life and lights up a room as soon as he enters, Harry is besotted with him and loves him to death, he can't get these feelings to stop and it's absolutely frustrating the hell out of Harry.