The Way You Move

Y/N POV~ 

As I walk through the halls of my high school, I spot my boyfriend Tom Felton. As I get closer, I notice that he's speaking to a girl. She's giggling, twirling her hair around her pointer finger and her left hand on Tom's arm. I narrow my eyes and quietly observe. She laughs and Tom rubs the back of his neck, looking around. He smiles and grins. My blood boils when she puts her hands on his chest and looks up at him. Tom flinches back and forces a smile. 

I walk up to them and touch Tom's arm, smiling, and then look at the girl. She looks at me with disgust. He pushes her arms off him and puts his arm around my waist. As she continues speaking to him, my eyes rake down her silhouette. I take in the tiny details, her tiny waist, her wide hips, her well-defined legs, her toned arms, her hair, her makeup... it makes me feel very self-conscious, especially since I'm the type of girl that wears barely any makeup, my hair always straightened, and would rather wear hoodies and denim jackets, than wear skirts and dresses. Her amber eyes clashed with my rare violet eyes. 

"So it's settled, we'll meet up later at my house?" she asks, glances at me and back to Tom, flashing a smile so wide I'm wondering how her face hasn't started hurting. I look down at Tom's sneakers and then at mine, screwing my lips to the left. 

"Uhhh, no, I've actually got plans for the entire week, but maybe next week? At the library rather?" he looks down at me and kisses the side of my head, tightening his hold on my waist, practically pinning me against his side. 

"Oh, anything special this week?" she looks at Tom with raised eyebrows, almost as if she's tempting him to say that there isn't and ditch his plans for the rest of the week. "Actually, yes. Personal reasons. So, next week, at the library." He closes his locker and shifts on his feet, slinging his backpack over his right shoulder. He smiles and turns to me, smiling. 

"Hey, babe. How are you?" he tilts his head and quirks his eyebrows up. 

"I'm good, let's head to class, we'll receive detention if we're late," I say as I glance sideways at Cristine. She raises an eyebrow and clenches her jaw, sizing me up, and scoffs with a disgusted sneer on her face. She walks away, rolling her eyes. 

**time skip**

Classes passed by faster than I had anticipated and I was already walking home. I had told Tom I'd walk alone. While walking home, I kept zoning out and my mind kept wandering back to this morning. Cristine was such a pretty girl, she had the looks, the brains, she had the popularity; basically, everything a guy could ask for. She made me feel like a mediocre person, like I was never going to be as great as her.

I close the front door and walk up the stairs to my room. Closing the door, I let my backpack fall off my shoulders and onto the floor, and I strip myself of my clothes and head into the shower. 

As the water pours down onto me from the shower spigot, I go back to remembering the way Tom's smile seemed so genuine and happy when he was with Cristine. How his smile reached his eyes, and oddly enough something told me that if I had waited a little longer, I would have gotten to see what Tom's reaction would have been. 

**time skip**

"Okay, so if 25 liters of gas allows Wayne to travel 250km, what is the average gas consumption for him?" Tom asks, looking up at me and furrows his eyes. Sitting up, he crosses his legs and leans back against the headboard. 

"25 liters by 250km will give you 10km. Therefore, he can only travel 10km with 1 liter of gas," I say looking down at my notebook and jotting down the calculations, pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose. I look up at Tom and cock my head slightly as he stares at me. 

"Tom, stop staring. Write down the calculations, please," I look back at the textbook laying open on my bed. 

"What's wrong?" he suddenly asks, making me wince and flinch away from him. 

"What do you mean? I'm fine," I look back down at the textbook and continue to write down answers to equations. 

Suddenly I'm pushed down onto my back, Tom's sitting on my waist and holding my hands above my head. "If you're not going to answer me, you aren't going anywhere to do anything," he uses his right hand to brush his hair off his forehead and furrows his eyebrow. 

"Nothing is wrong Tom, please let me go. We're writing tomorrow and I really want to study." I look up at him and he huffs out a ragged breath. 

"You're not getting up, Y/N. Tell me now, so you can go back to studying."

I look up and hesitantly start giving in. 

"Fine, but before I tell you, you have to let me up," he nods, getting up and sits beside me, looking at me expectantly. 

I pull the oversized hoodie sleeves over my hands and pull on the hoodie, "I feel... very insecure about myself, especially when in self-comparison to Cristine..." his head tilts and a frown has settled on his face. "Why?" I look out the open window across the room. I gulp, and exhale deeply. Scrunching my face, I pull my knees to my chest. "Today made me realize how much happier you would be if you were with someone other than me..." 

"No, why do you compare yourself with Cristine? And, I wouldn't be happy with anyone other than you." I snort and smile slightly. brushing my hair out of my face. 

"Guess there's something wrong with me... I compare myself with her in certain aspects such as her hair, her eyes, her body... I mean she's practically a younger version of a Victoria Secret model. While I'm just there, observing from the background, forcing myself to pretend that everything is okay..." 

"Stop it, comparing yourself to her makes you feel horrible, but you don't realize how beautiful and absolutely gorgeous you are. Sure you don't wear a lot of skirts and dresses, but that is your style, why do you want to change yourself to fit in? Being different is a good thing, everyone is their own person. And, I love you for you, not just because you're smart, or just 'cause you're pretty, but because you're different and not afraid to be. I love you, for you." 

I flop back onto the bed and cover my flushed, blushing face with my hands. Tom straddles my waist and grips my wrists, pulling them away from my face, and smirks. Pinning them above my head, he leans forward, near my ear. "I especially love it when you dress all covered up, that way I'm the only one that gets to see you dressed like right now when I am absolutely certain that no-one else has seen you... only me..." and with that said, he bites my ear, kissing down my neck.

~I guess I'm going to be going back to studying anytime soon~