See you again

Tom's POV~

Today was the funeral of my best friend, my high school friend. The one person I had never clashed with, the one who was always by my side; Samuel Taylor. 

He was a guy of great dreams, a guy who always knew how to have fun, a person who would always make another laugh and smile, even through the toughest events and occurrences. He was a guy of great ambition and had made everyone around him smile with pride when they were with him. 

I look around me, I see friends and family. One that really catches my eye is his wife; Anna. He had met her in 9th grade, and they had been together ever since. Sure they had their fair share of arguments and breakups, but they always got back together, and from what I remember when Sam and I had a sleepover was that he had fallen in love with her.

_flashback_

Sam was laying on my beanbag, holding a can of soda, and was looking at me. "Man, I've got it bad..." he looked up at the ceiling and took a sip of the soda. "What do you mean, Sam?" I lifted my head up off the edge of my bed and looked to my right, at Sam. "Dude, I'm in love with Anna, I don't want to hurt her, or potentially scare her off." I laugh, "Bro, you think she'll get scared and run away? Nah, she's most likely to smile and understand, she's one of those girls." 

"So, if I told her that I love her so much, you think she'll reciprocate those feelings?" I nod my head and smile at absolutely nothing. "Yeah, I'll even vouch for you, just know that if you break her heart, I'll break you," now it's his turn to laugh. 

_end flashback_

The next day, they had gone on a date and there's something about that date that Sam refused to tell anyone, not even his parents. Two years later, Anna comes up to us and announces that she's pregnant, and let me tell you, Sam had never been happier in his entire life. At first, she thought that he was crying because it was a mistake and that he'd leave her. Turns out, they were tears of happiness, and today that same child Anna carried 3 years ago was now attending his own father's funeral, Anna pregnant with their second child, and the same one Sam made me promise to treat like my own... I'll always treat those children as my own, and nothing can change my mind.

_present day_

Walking away from the grave with tears spilling from my eyes, I vow to protect and treat those kids as if they were royalty. 

'I'll see you again soon, brother, and I'll tell you everything'

~~

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family."