Don't Tell 'em

Tom's POV~ 

I pulled out the gun from my holster and place it on the desk, running my leather-clad hands through my hair and taking a seat on the office chair. 

"Boss, we have to make a choice, we tell them what they want to know... or we don't say jack. Either way, your answer is needed by tomorrow at 12 am," says Nico. He walks out again, closing the door behind him. 

My decision? 

I love her, how do I just throw her under the bus for something I had dragged her into? We may have met under the strangest of circumstances, but that is what attracted me to her. At the time she was bleeding, nearly dead. But, I had come just in time and managed to get her out of the warehouse before the bombs we planted went off. 

Two months later she was training under me, so anything she did would be reported to me. Heck, she wouldn't have even been able to use the bathroom, let alone leave the mansion, without me knowing, so how could she have possibly leaked information about that specific mission? And what made it even more difficult to understand, was that she knew absolutely nothing about that night at the dock.

I sigh, getting up from my seat and going to the window, closing the blinds. I walk out of my office, locking it behind me and walking down the hall to my bedroom. I walk in, shutting the door behind myself, and rip off my gun holsters throwing them onto the cushion in my closet. I grab some sweatpants, a pair of socks and a pair of running shoes. Am I going to sleep today? Nope, too much to think about and a person's life is now in my hands.

 *flashback*

"Punch me." I was standing directly across her, my head cocked to the side. The entire mansions' residents were watching us. 

She shook her head fast. "Don't be afraid, love,"  I say to her  "I just want you to try." 

My arms were relaxed at my sides. My stance was casual. It was Saturday morning, meaning I had some free time before my mission at 16.30 pm. 

She clenched her fists.

"Come on, love,"  I prompted. I was looking at her like she was the only person in the room.

"I want you to try, use all your strength. Tap into every bit of power you have, and then punch me."

"I'm afraid I'm going to hurt you..." she mumbled. I bite my lip to stifle a laugh. 

"You're not going to hurt me, trust me."

"Fine," She swung her arm in what she assumed a punch to look like. But, her motion is limp and wobbly and everso humiliatingly bad, that she nearly gives up halfway through the make-shift punch. 

I catch her arm. She meets my eye.   "Focus. Imagine that you're terrified, you are being cornered. You're fighting for your life. Defend yourself ." 

_break in flashback_

I continue punching the bag hanging from the ceiling and imagine it's Derek's face I'm punching. She was so innocent, she couldn't throw a punch to save her life. I had taught her everything to survive... to survive living in my world. Tears escape my eyes and blur my line of sight. I don't stop. 

*time skip*

Walking out of the mansion and into the car waiting for me, I have made up my mind about Y/N. She will live. How? Why? 

Well, I've just gotten out a briefing with the rest of the team. While I'm in the room just above Y/N, Bliden will sneak in and get Y/N out with the help of Hunter. Cameron will disable the security cameras for about 6 minutes, replacing the live information with a loop she'd created. The 6 minutes is the only amount of time Hunter and Bliden will have to get in, and if plan A fails, Plan B falls into place. 

_flashback_

"I love you,  but remember don't tell 'em."