What you wanna do?

{Y/N is the first group's middle dancer. So she's basically doing what the middle dancer in the first group does}

Y/N's POV~ 

I stand in front of everyone in my dance class, on the side of the walkway. It's a weekly thing where each group comes up with their own dance routine to a specific song chosen by our instructor. And, today is the day my group dances to 'Worth It'. Everyone's nervous and slightly nauseated. There's a crowd forming on the side of my classmates and I'm already starting to thoroughly regret taking up dance as my extracurricular.

"Okay, everyone remembers their places from Group 1?" asks Mrs. Anderson. Everyone nods and takes their place. Surrounding us are 3 Bluetooth speakers and on the floor, beneath us, is a purple dance mat. Good thing Mrs.Marti chose the beach instead of the nearest HighSchool's soccer pitch.

"Alright, remember to relax, your body already knows the moves; relax and enjoy yourselves."

My group starts chattering away nervously. 

5... I close my eyes.

4... Inhale deeply.

3... Exhale deeply.

2... Open my eyes.

1... Smile!

"And, play the song!" 

{play video}

As I'm dancing I smile but get distracted. A guy with blonde hair and clear blue eyes stares straight at me, igniting my soul with his oceanic stare into flames. My cheeks heat up as his eyes rake up and down my body, biting his bottom lip. Crowds around us stop cheering and clapping and stare from me to this guy and back again. 

As the song ends, my group and I strike a pose and the crowd starts cheering again. Smiling and panting, I laugh along with my group at the comments and remarks. Walking away from the dance mat, I walk over to the back of the group and grab my bottle of water, chugging it down. Standing against a palm tree, I stare at the group, laughing now and then. 

"Hey, are you Y/N?" I turn to see the blue-eyed guy from earlier on and nod, smiling lightly. His face widens into a huge smile and I nearly drop to my knees. "I'm Tom, are you okay, you look kinda green?" My eyes snap toward the floor and I feel my face heat up to a hundred degrees. Gulping, I hear Tom chuckle, "I'm fine, just still kinda nauseated from doing the dance." He nods, smiling. 

"Wait, how'd you know who I am?" I ask, crossing my arms, and cocking my head to the side. Tom rubs the back of his nape. "My cousin goes to your school," he nods toward the group my classmates formed. "Your cousin?" I frown slightly. "Yup, Chelsea Felton," A wide smile breaks out on my face. 

"Chelsea is your cousin?! She's my best friend!" He laughs, "I know, she's the one who shared your minor details with me."  

"Minor details?" 

"Yeah, your name, grade, features. That type of thing."

Oh

"So how did you know I'd be dancing today?" I lean against the palm tree again and tilt my head back, Tom mimicking my movements. "I didn't, Chelsea had been complaining about some dancing thing, and said that she needed a partner to help her, so I indefinitely became her partner." I burst into laughter. "You danced to 'Worth It'?" He nods his head, "My body bent in ways I didn't know it was capable of bending in," Tom's left eye twitches, and I laugh harder nearly falling over. 

"But, you do the dance very well."

"Aww, thanks, you should join our classes, you'll enjoy yourself quite a bit."

"Do you plan on teaching me the dance?"

"Maybe, maybe not, you'll have to act on that suggestion before I decide." 

I walk away as I hear him laugh and run at me, tackling me to the ground, "Sure, but you'll have to make it up to me..."