Chapter 4: 4am, The Usual Morning Lineup

May 11, 2015

I rolled over in my bed and went to grab my ringing phone, but I rolled off and landed on top of it. With a groan I grabbed it from underneath me and slid my finger across the screen, "Steve, it is 4:00 in the morning. What is so goddamn important?"

"Turn on the tv."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the remote, flicking on the T.V. as instructed my hand flew to my mouth, "What in the hell happened?"

"I don't know, but it wasn't Bucky like they're saying."

"Where are you?"

"Vienna."

"Book a flight to Bucharest, Romania and I'll shoot you his address." I hung up and texted him as promised, but after five minutes of laying on the floor I decided to just get going with my day.

TIME SKIP

I walked into English, tea in hand, and plopped down in the chair next to Peter. "Woah, what happened to you?"

"Thanks," I rolled my eyes. "I got no sleep last night and would now like to die, plus I had no idea it was gonna rain."

"I have a hoodie in my locker you can have after class and we can see if Michelle has any pants you can wear."

"Thanks,"I stated simply with a yawn and laid my head on his shoulder.

As promised I got a hoodie and a shirt from Peter, MJ had a pair of leggings, and switched my converse out for my P.E. Nikes and all was good. Ned, Peter, and I sat at a library table (we had a free period) laughing about how awful Ms. Mcbride's hair was today when I got a call. I began to get up from the lunch table, "I'll be right back guys, I have to take this." I walked out of the cafeteria before answering, "Hello?"

"Isabella Barton! He made things worse. Way, way worse."

"I'm sorry, Nat, but how is it my fault?"

"Because you were the only one who knew of Barnes' whereabouts."

"Yeah, but Steve's not stupid. I gotta go, love you."

"Wait, they captured him."

"But they escaped?" I didn't need a response to know the answer so I just hung up. Glancing back at the cafeteria doors I contemplated my next move. After a minute or two, I shook my head and walked back into the cafeteria. "Hey guys, so I can't hang out tomorrow like we planned. My parents are flying me to Tokyo for some charity event while they go to one in London which is where I'll be meeting them on Wednesday."

"What? That is outrageous."

"Trust me, Ned, I know." Thankfully the final bell rang and we were released from school.

The three of us grabbed our stuff from our lockers and then walked to my car. We dropped Ned off first and then Peter and I drove over to his apartment talking about his secret alter ego. When we finally pulled up to his building, Peter's jaw dropped, "Dude, look at that car!"

My jaw was the next to drop, but not out of amazement. I silently cursed and turned to my best friend with a serious look on my face, "Peter, whatever he says do not agree. You're really passive, but I need you to say no." I didn't let him respond, I just pushed him out of the car and drove off. I heard my phone go off again, so I picked it up and read the message. Your dentist appointment is scheduled for 4:30 on the 11th.

I pulled up to my apartment, and ran inside. Switching out my backpack for my mission duffle, I grabbed my hydro flask and motorcycle keys before running back downstairs. I hopped on my bike and sped off to the old warehouse on 11th that we'd been using as a hangar. It took me about 20 minutes to get there and when I finally did my dad and Wanda stood leaning against the plane. "Hey guys."

They're heads snapped towards me and Wanda ran over, launching herself into my arms, "Are they gonna be okay?"

"Of course, but only because we're coming." My dad came over and offered me a strained smile, "Hey dad, how's mom?"

"She's alright, the kids are gonna be disappointed when they wake up though." I laughed and the three of us walked onto the quinjet, my dad taking the pilot's seat while Wanda and I suited up.

Sorry it's such a short chapter, but I will be updating one or two more times today. Hope you are all doing well and am not stressing to much about the election like I am (Honestly,  kinda want to jump off my balcony). Peace;)