Chapter 2

As Jason goes into his office i go into his assistance office. she was on the phone chewing gum obnoxiously and looking at her long acrylic red nails. "Can you believe that?! so stupid" she laughs. when she notices i'm by the door she says "can i help you?" rudely. i smile "Samantha right?" she nods "yeah?" 

the way she's chewing her gum is driving me insane. "i'm Lexie Rodriguez" At the mention of my last name she straightens up her posture and says on the phone "i'll call you back" i walk deeper into the office inspecting the way it looks. to say it was messy was an understatement. this office looked like an abandoned basement.   

she stands up "what can i help you with Mrs. Rodriguez?" "why did my husband hire you?" i ask. "um...to be his assistant?" i nod "that's right. to be his assistant, is that what you were doing right now? being his assistant?" she shakes her head "not really" i look at her pink cocktail dress. "you going to the club after work?" 

she looks down at her dress "no" i sigh "Look Samantha, i'm here to help my husband. he's got a lot of people on his back right now about the way he's running the company. you are his Assistant, he hired you so that he wouldn't be stressed out all the time and do you know what happens when he's stressed out? i have to hear it. i have to deal with his crappy mood swings. And i don't want to deal with it." she looks down at her nails. 

"i don't have the power to fire you but he does, one word to him and you're out is that what you want?" she shakes her head "no, i really need this job" i nod "i know you do, i don't want to have you fired. i want to help you." "help me?" she asks. i nod "yeah, when Jason was going through training i helped him prepare. he taught me a lot about business so i know my way around things" i look at her desk. seeing how unorganized and messy it was drove me mad. And the stupid gum was still in her mouth. 

i put my purse down on the chair. "the first thing we need to do is fix this office, how could you let it get this messy?" she shrugs. i look at the disorganized files in the cabinets. i point to it "these Files could be important, it could have saved Jason from losing those 4 business deals" she sighs defeated. 

she knows she needs to get her act together. i clap my hands "here's what we're gonna do for now, we're going to clean the office, organize these files and look in it to make sure Jason isn't going to lose any other business partners And then we are going to go shopping" 

her eyes lit up at the word shopping "shopping?" she says excitedly. i shake my head "not the shopping you're thinking of. we are going to get you work clothes cause this Samantha--" i gesture to her dress with my hand "is unprofessional and it will be a bad look on Jason's part if the board see's the kind of girl he hired to work with him" she looks down at her dress. "if you're trying to look sexy for my husband you can forget it. this is a workplace this is not high school. this is your job and he is happily married" 

she licks her lip looking away from me. i caught her. i knew that that's what she was trying to do. "if you want to continue to try making moves on my husband then you should just collect your things and go cause your focus has to be on the company not on a married man" she clears her throat "no ma'am i am...here for the company" i nod "good, so lets start" 

~~~~ 

i groan while plotting myself on the chair across from Jason's desk. he looks up at me from his computer "what happened?" he asks. i sigh "nothing, we did everything. we fixed up the office, organized the files, went shopping. i'm exhausted" he smiles "but you did it" i nod smiling back "i did it. i fixed your assistant." i stand up making my way towards him. "is there anything else you need me to do?" 

he pushes the chair away from the desk and smirks at me "is there anything you want to do?" he asks. i shrug "i don't know Jason, is there anything you want me to do?" i sit on the edge of the desk. he stands up, putting his hand on my thigh. he leans closer to me whispering in my ear "i want you...to make mashed potatoes and chicken cutlet today" 

i chuckle "why do you always do that to me?" he pulls away from me smiling "do what?" "tease me" he shrugs "it's fun seeing you squirm" i roll my eyes "you know we haven't had sex in a long time...3 months to be exact" he laughs "you counted?" i nod "yes" 

"is that why you kissed me in the elevator?" he asks while sitting back down on his chair. i shake my head "no i kissed you to mark my territory" he nods "right right" A knock on the door stops me from saying some more. "come in" i say instead of Jason. he glares at me "my office my come in" i roll my eyes "shut up" 

Ray walks in looking sexy as hell. i bite my lip at the sight of him. Jason slaps my leg glaring at me. i ignore him. "oh hi Lexie, it's nice to see you again" he says walking my way. i jump off Jason's desk to shake his hand "you as well" i smile. Ray smiles back.  Jason clears his throat "i didn't know you were flying in" 

he sighs putting his hands in his pocket "yeah it's my niece's birthday week but before i went to go see her i wanted to check on you. i see you fixed up your assistant" Jason nods "that was Lexie she helped her" Ray looks at me smiling in approval. i blush "it was nothing" Jason rolls his eyes. "that's good. Make sure this week runs smoothly, no problems. that way the board will have nothing to complain about" 

Jason nods "i will do my best" i go to Jason to kiss him goodbye "i'm gonna go see Diane" i say before pecking his lips "okay" i smile at Ray before leaving the office. "bye Samantha, i'll see you tomorrow" i say while poking my head a little at her office. she was on the computer tapping away while looking at some files. she smiles and waves by to me. "thank you Lexie" she says. i smile "no problem" 

i walk to the elevator pressing the button. i see Ray come out of Jason's office. he smiles when he sees me. "you know i think it was kinda rude that i wasn't invited to the wedding" i lightly chuckle "i didn't think you would wanna come" he gasps "are you kidding! i love weddings" i smile "i didn't know that" he nods "at my brothers wedding i had a blast! i was dancing, drinking. it was fun" we walk into the elevator. he presses the lobby button. 

"how's Lilly?" i ask. Lilly is his wife. they got together when she was his assistant and she followed him to china. he sighs "good i guess...i haven't really spoken to her" i raise my eyebrow at him "what do you mean? what happened?" he sighs sadly "she just one day got up and said she wasn't happy and wanted to get a divorce. she flew back to New York a couple of days ago and left me with Dean" i sigh and put my hand on his arm "i'm sorry." 

he shakes his head "it's fine...Actually no it's not fine. i didn't do anything to her, I've been doing everything a husband should be doing.i love her and she...treats me like if...she doesn't love me" "do you think she cheated?" he sighs "Honestly that thought did cross my mind but i don't have any proof. After i go see my family i'm gonna stop by her sister's place and see if she will see me. The least she can do is give me an explanation." i nod in agreement. 

the elevator dings. we walk out the lobby. "Is Dean happy being with you?" i ask. he shrugs "i guess. Me and him don't have the best relationship but he's a good kid. he just turned 13 so he's all into video games and girls. he doesn't have time to worry about his dear old dad" i scoff "when i was 13 even though i spend most of my time on the phone talking to my girlfriends and dealing with becoming a women...i still made time for my dad. Dean, needs to make time for his" he smiles "you should meet him. i'm sure he will listen to you" i laugh "why are you sure of that?" 

he scratches the back of his neck "he's into Blondes" i laugh "are you sure?" he nods "trust me, a father knows what his son is into" we laugh together. i kiss his cheek "good luck with Lilly" he smiles nodding. i wave bye to him while i leave to my car. How did i go from stalking Ray knight on Instagram to hearing his relationship problems and kissing his cheek?! teenage me will be so jealous.