Chapter 3

"Bitch!" I hear Diane yell from all the way across the mall. i chuckle watching her run to me with her arms wide. i meet her half way getting ready to catch her in my arms. she kisses my cheek "i missed you!" she yells. i smile "i missed you too. How was Hawaii?" "Ah-mazing. it was the best birthday surprise ever." 

i look at her from head to toe "you're so tan!" she nods spinning around so i can see her full body. she cut her hair up to her shoulders but it was still blue black. she also got cute bangs. she was wearing black jeans and a blue long sleeve v neck crop top. "you look so pretty!" i yell smacking her butt. she giggles "don't i?! it's the glow of love"  we laugh. i touch her hair "i love the haircut"

she smiles "thanks! i love the compliments give me more" i laugh. "where's Mike and Elena?" she links her arms with mine while we walk to Smashburger. "Elena is at work and Mike went to go hang out with Josh" i look at Diane's hair and then back at mine. "my hair is so boring! I've had the same hairstyle since middle school...i need something different" "dye your hair" 

i shake my head "Jason likes it blonde i can't dye it" she sighs putting her finger under her chin "what about...cutting it? your hair is all the way to your butt, cut it to your shoulders" i sigh "should i?" she nods "yes! we go after we eat" we go inside smashburger. 

we stand on line. "so...i have to tell you something" Diane starts fiddling with her fingers. i squint my eyes at her "what?" she takes a deep breathe. "you are the first person i wanted to tell. i haven't even told Mike and Elena yet" i gasp already seeing where this is going. "you're pregnant" she nods smiling "i'm pregnant" "you're pregnant!" i scream "i'm pregnant!" she yells back. we jump happily forgetting we were in a restaurant. 

i hug her "Oh Diane congratulations!" she giggles "thank you" i pull away. "were you trying?" she shakes her head "no! we talked about it though. Elena said she didn't wanna get pregnant but she said she will be happy if i'm the one who brings a little Diane to the world" "how will that work? will the baby call her mom too?" she nods "most likely yeah. But if we were ever to split that baby will be mine and mine only" 

i grab her hand giving it a light squeeze "i knew you were glowing for a reason" she laughs. "do you think they're going to be excited? i mean i know Mike is but Elena--" "i'm sure Elena is going to be just as happy. she loves you and mike." she nods "no i know but...lately she's been distant from us. I just hope this news isn't gonna make her run for the hills or anything"       

"what do you mean she's been distant?" we walk more forward to the cashier. the line was starting to move quicker. "lately it's just been me and mike...in everything. in sex, in the house, on dates. my birthday week in Hawaii was the only time i felt like she was there. And i don't want to think the worse. i don't want to think that she is falling out of love, that she is getting uninterested in being with us...in being with me. But i can't help it. i can't help thinking about that. She's always been an alone person. 

she's always been by herself. in Florida she was by herself. her parents lived further away from her. she barely had any friends And then she comes to New York and she gets a girlfriend and a boyfriend and...i'm just scared that we've been overwhelming her." "but you guys been together for 5 years like me and Jason. wouldn't she have been feeling distant along time ago?" she shrugs "i don't know...i guess i'm just now noticing. When i talked to Mike about it he didn't see anything wrong"  

i nod "cause he's a guy" we both said. we gasp before laughing. "twins" she says. i laugh agreeing. "hi what can i get you" the Cashier says to us. "2 regular single cheeseburgers with french fries and 2 water bottles" Diane orders. she pays for it. "you're gonna get your hair done so i'll pay" she says while grabbing the receipt. i nod. we walk towards a table and sit down so we can finish our conversation. 

"When did you start noticing a difference?" i ask. she sighs "Her birthday which was...3 months ago. we took her to a club, partied all night. then when we got home we had sex and then the next morning she wasn't there. usually when one of us wakes up first we make breakfast for the others. Usually it's her so me and Mike were sort of confused on why she wasn't waking us up with Breakfast." she puts her index finger up telling me to wait. she looks at the window and sneezes on her arm. "bless you"i say. she chuckles "thanks...so yeah she wasn't there. she didn't come home till night time and when i asked her where she was she said she was hanging out with a friend"                                                        

"i hope it's nothing i really do because you deserve to be happy." she nods "me too...i really hope i'm just exaggerating" i nod in agreement. she puts her hand over her belly. "any ideas on how to tell them?" i tap my chin "i have a few ideas" "Diane?" A worker says with our food in his hand. She gets up and goes to grab it. 

"what about you, when are you and Jason gonna start making babies?" Diane asks me once she's sat down. i laugh "i don't know, we haven't even had sex in 3 months so" she gasps putting a fry in her mouth "why not?" i shrug "we both just been busy. but i plan on spreading my legs open once i get home" she laughs "dirty slut" i laugh with her. "i'm so nervous but excited to have a baby! i'm gonna try to do a natural birth but most likely not because i'm a weak bitch when it comes to pain" we chuckle. 

"i always said that i will give birth standing up. i heard it's better" i tell Diane before biting into my burger. she nods "i heard that too. i also heard that the reason girls give birth on their backs was because some perverted guy used to get off on seeing girls give birth so he made the rule that every girl has to be on her back when shes in labor" i gasp "Disgusting! where did you hear this at?" she bites her burger wiping her mouth before saying "Pinterest" 

i shake my head in disbelief "why are men so gross?" Diane shrugs "why you think i'm a lesbian" i chuckle. "i'm only straight for Mike and his penis" she adds. we laugh. "so how do i tell them!?" she gestures for me to speak while holding a french fry in her hand. i snatch the french fry from her fingers and ate it. "you can just blurt it out" "just blurt it out? like....I'm pregnant in the middle of a conversation?" i nod "or you can give them a shirt saying 'soon to be daddy' or something" 

she gasps "what about names! what should i name her or him?!" "obviously you name her Lexie" she scoffs "yeah only if you name your daughter Diane" i shake my head "of course not that name is ugly" she gasps and throws a french fry at me. i laugh and throw one back. 

"i missed you" i tell her while pouting my lip. she pouts back "i missed you too" we both start to fake cry while we hold each others hand. people started to look at us like if we were weirdos, which we kinda are. We both burst out laughing realizing how crazy we look but we didn't care. 

she gasps "did you see the new Grey's anatomy episode" i gasp back "oh my God yes!" we start talking about the new episode of Grey's anatomy before leaving the restaurant after finishing the food. "ready for your new hair?" Diane asks while we walk to the salon. i nod "ready"