7 - desire

Athena walked by herself down the corridor, making her way back from her Astronomy lesson, to the common room as she had a free period. She was sure that Harry and Ron would be in the common room, so they could get some work done together, though this was unlikely. It depended on how bothered they could be.

Her mind remained baffled after the events of yesterday. She wasn't only confused with what Draco had done, but she was also surprised at what she had become in that moment.

It was as if she had completely given herself over to desire, abandoning every moral and standard within her.

Never in a million years would she see herself feeling attracted to Draco Malfoy, even if it was only short lasted, which she felt certain that it was.

When she reminisced on the night before, it was with complete regret and disgrace, reminding herself every time she found her mind wandering off to the idealist feeling of passion and heat, that 'it was a big fucking mistake'.

As well as this, she found herself experiencing extreme guilt and would cringe immensely at the thought of her friends finding out that her lips had been anywhere near Draco's.

This morning she tried to be as indifferent and normal as she could around them, without seeming at all suspicious. For the entire morning, she hadn't known how to act.

When she went for a shower, and looked at herself in the mirror, she noticed about three or four small pigmented patches over her collarbone and chest , where surely enough, Draco had been working his canvas.

With the water from the shower and her soap, she aimed to scrub every last remnant of Draco's touch from her body, thinking this way she could completely eradicate the memory, pretending it never happened.

It wasn't until she gradually became rather jaded in Astronomy, that she discovered this memory would probably never leave her and worst of all, neither would the feelings she was withholding when remembering it.

And she found she was feeling rather envious of the version of herself in this memory. The one who was constantly in the depths of her desires, with no fear at all to the culminations of her current actions.

For she had never experienced anything like this before; the true feeling of lust and passion which consumes an individual.

With Dean, their relationship was less one of passion filled with romance and love, but more of a casual, 'friends who found themselves dating'. She grew rather tired of never feeling exhilarated when he'd kiss or even touch her.

But every bit of knowledge in her brain was ordering her not to go seeking it out because she was very aware that if she were to, there would be consequences which she most likely would not be able to come back from.

Therefore she did everything in her willpower to block off this memory from the previous night, and tried to move on, aiming to seek her desires, if she had to, in something or someone else, who would not be detrimental to herself.

As she walked down the corridor, coming towards her in a fine stride, was Cedric, which had her feeling relieved. All she needed at this point was some cause of distraction from her intruding thoughts and he was the perfect fit.

"Athena, hi!"he beamed handsomely, pulling her into a hug which caught her completely off guard. Though with total readiness, returned the embrace.

Although the day was cold, Cedric was fairly warm.

"How are you?"she asked with compassion.

"Good, good, look I wanted to ask you if on Saturday, after the match, whether you wanted to go to Hogsmeade,"he said.