chapter 7

They spent 2 days in the hospital before they were able to take their bundle of joy home. But today was the day they finally were able to go home, a family of 3.
Gibbs grabbed the grey and white car seat from the truck and helped Jack our and together they walked inside. Jack didn't realize Gibbs went home for a bit while she was still in the hospital. So when she walked through the bedroom door and saw fairy lights hung in their room and a beautiful grey and pink painted wood bassinet next to their bed she almost started crying. "Cowboy when did you have time to do this?! You were at the hospital with us like the entire time!"
"Hmm I don't know" he said coyly.
"Well I am forever grateful and Gracie is too.. oh and she's hungry. I'll feed her can you please get me some hot coffee! I haven't had any for 9 months! Which feels like forever." He nodded and quickly went downstairs to make some coffee.
He was quietly going back up the stairs when He stopped in his tracks and looked into the room where his gorgeous fiancé was on their bed with her top down feeding their daughter. He thought about how his first love had done the same thing with his first baby girl and how it was the same but also so different. Jack saw him in the hall and realized how difficult it must've been losing a child. She had let hers go to give Faith a better life but Gibbs didn't get that choice, his wife and daughter were taken from him without a choice.
He tiptoed in with her coffee and sat next to her hoping not to wake a now sleeping baby.
She laid her head on his shoulder and asked "How did we make such a beautiful baby?"
He just smiled, God he was so in love with this woman. Her smell intoxicated him, her laugh melted his heart, and know they had an amazing baby together and he loved it.
He went to say something but realized Jack had fallen asleep so he kissed her forehead and tucked her into bed. He took a quick shower and laid next to her and quickly fell asleep when she leaned into him and laid her head on his chest.