Chapter 15

UPDATED VERSION BECAUSE I WAS SLEEP DEPRIVED WHEN I WROTE THE FIRST ONE! SOME PARTS STAYED THE SAME BUT A LOT CHANGED!

Eve's POV:

That wasn't a clone.

That wasn't a clone.

That wasn't a clone.

That wasn't a clone.

That wasn't a clone.

That wasn't a clone.....

Gram's POV:

I refused to talk to the medic about what had happened.

He put her under anesthesia and tried to question me again.

"Who did this? Captain! Who?"

I couldn't tell him what I barely had registered myself.

One of our brothers did this.

A clone did this.

A clone hurt her.

"Gram! There is at least twenty other injuries on her body! Who is she and what happened?!?"

That snapped me out of it.

Twenty other injuries.

She hadn't been to a medic in who knows how long.

Our medic was killed the first day of battle and we never got a new one.

Are you soldiers or are you weak little civilians?!?!

His voice rang out in my head.

I heard a grunt of pain and whipped my head around.

Eve was struggling to sit up in the bed by propping herself on her good arm.

She waved the medic off and adjusted her position so she was facing us.

"Ma'am you need to sit down!"

She turned her head slightly.

"I've been through worse, Kix."

The soldier's head jerked back in surprise.

"Wait.... Eve?!?"

Confusion rang through my head.

They knew each other?

"Sorry we had to meet again on these terms." Eve said with half a smile.

"No problem for the Jedi who saved my life."

She saved his life?!?

Eve's eyes met mine.

"Gram. Listen to me." Her tone was dead serious. I knew she had completely forgotten about the medic. She tended to do that when she had something to say.

"Those people.... they weren't our clones."

"What?"

"I mean they were clones. But they were not republic. They... they couldn't feel anything."

"But-"

Knowing I was going to ask how they stopped when she said my name she answered.

"It could've been a trigger. Maybe a safe lock for them. I don't know."

"Eve, with all due respect," Kix started. "You really need rest. I'm sure Gram can take the news, whatever it is,to the Jedi council."

"Fine." She said. Her eyes showed how much pain she was in. I hadn't seen her like this before.

"Get some rest, Commander." I said. I really hoped she couldn't feel my worry in this state.

Eve nodded slightly before promptly passing out.