( hogwarts )

CHAPTER TWOHOGWARTS-

CHAPTER TWO
HOGWARTS
-

Davina took a spot at the Hufflepuff table once arriving at Hogwarts, she had sure missed the entire place and the homely feeling it gave her within her body. Everyone began to tuck into the banquet that surrounded them, Davina not eating any of it as she ate that morning. She sipped on her juice quietly, watching as nobody even bothered to talk to the girl that sat alone.

"Good evening, children," Dumbledore spoke out. Everyone quietened as their attention focused on the man stood at the front. "Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who'd be taking care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr Filch, has asked me to remind you-"

A quiet throat clearing was hard from the little woman sat at the table with the other professor's, her pink self interrupting everyone as she stood up with a bright smile on her face. Taking herself to the front.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends. The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although, each headmaster, has brought something new to his historic school progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved. Perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited," her smile shone down on all the quiet students, their faces bored as ever as they heard the woman speak.

Dumbledore started to clap his hands together and therefore everyone else joined in. Davina watched as they all clapped for the lady - she could feel something odd started to creep up the back of her with this new professor.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating-" Dumbledore went on to the rules and that was when Davina lost focus, her mind going straight to home and wondering all the questions she asks every day she isn't at home.

A cool feeling shivered across her body as she shook slightly in her seat, feeling eyes burn into her as she looked around the room to find anyone piercing into her. But, she had not found the eyes so she had decided to ignore the feeling and continue to drink her juice.