( class )

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒

THE STUDENTS WATCHED AS  the paper bird flew through the air, a few Slytherin's hitting it before it crumbled up into flames and landed on the floor in nothing but ashes

THE STUDENTS WATCHED AS the paper bird flew through the air, a few Slytherin's hitting it before it crumbled up into flames and landed on the floor in nothing but ashes. "Good morning, children," a kind voice rang out, the students all turning to look at the pink lady stood in the room. "Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O.W.Ls. More commonly known as OWLS. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe.

The books floated through the air before they threw themselves onto the tables. "Your previous instructions in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But, you'll be pleased to know, from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defence magic. Yes?" Umbridge said, then pointing towards Hermoine with her hand up.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells," the brunette spoke, the others taking a look in the book and to realising she was completely correct. Davina slammed the book shut before looking up at Umbridge.

"Using spells. Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom," Professor said with a laugh, walking towards Hermoine.

"We're not going to use magic?"

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

"What use is that if we're attacked, it won't be risk-free," Harry spoke up towards the women. "Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class," She walked towards the front before turning around with another huge smile plastered on her face, almost fake-like in Davina's eyes.

"It is the view of the Ministry, that a theoretic knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations. Which, after all, is what school is about."

"And, how is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there," Harry said. Davina looked around the classroom, wanting to raise her hand to speak.

"There is nothing out there, dear. Who'd you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?" Umbridge questioned, Davina at this point had enough of her pointless views. She knew Voldemort was out there.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe, Lord Voldemort." Harry protested against the woman. "Harry's right, Professor," Davina spoke up with a cold voice, she hadn't expected it to be that cold which caused a few heads turns towards her, with little gasps and whispers.

"Now, let me make this quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie," Professor Umbridge said as she walked down the rows of the tables.

"It's not a lie, I saw him. I fought him." Harry shouted out. "Detention, Mr Potter!" Umbridge yelled back towards the boy. "So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord."

The death of Davina's friend made the girl shiver as she listened to the argument between Professor Umbridge and Harry Potter. Cedric was her best friend, hearing so many arguments about his death drew that same dark cloud she felt many months after, her skin became bumpy with goosebumps before feeling the pit in her stomach sink and her chest become hot. She finally had enough when she stood up from her seat. "Because arguing is going to bring him back. Shut up, both of you!" She yelled, causing the two to become quiet.

"Detention for you too, Miss Clover."

Davina plopped down into her seat, feeling defeated with the detention she was given with Potter. However, the pit in her stomach was gone after earning herself the high-five on learning to speak up for herself.